cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there 21' - 22' travel trailers with a walk around bed?

MJB049
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering whether there are 21 or so foot TT's which have a walk around bed. We had a Mallard 24' which did and loved it! Currently I have a 2012 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite 21' which weighs 3450 lb and has a slide-out. The tow vehicle is a 2010 Chevy Traverse LT with tow pkg and so is capable of pulling up to 5200 lbs.

Can I stay under 24' and still have the walk around bed feature?

Thanks for any assistance!

Marv
31 REPLIES 31

cbconway
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River Flagstaff 21FBRS, 21.5 ft., walk-around short queen.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati ("When all else fails, play dead") -- Possum Lodge motto

2015 Flagstaff 8528RKWS fiver
2013 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie 4x4 CC SB Auto 3.42

wildwest450
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
Got a model # for that Forest River?
Thanks,Mike

I think you can get them in most models, I was looking at the mini lite series, here's the page. Just a super smart way to put a queen bed in a smaller camper without taking up all that space.

Clicky

WoodGlue wrote:
Lance 1885 w/ Sofa Bed Option:

Sofa Bed Option - 2013 Lance 1885

WoodGlue

This guy LOVES Lance!! Hey, I think they're awesome campers, but how many people in the market for a sub 25' tt can afford $30k+ for one?

Not me.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:

WoodGlue

that sofa/bed is sort of neat. problem is unless you use sleep sacks, you would probably want to leave it made up as a bed all the time?

bumpy

cmack
Explorer
Explorer
Add the Dutchmen 190QB (which is 24') to your list. As a side note, a lot of the smaller trailers we looked at just didn't have the interior height I wanted. Dutchmen was the tallest inside by far. We take delivery of our 190QB in a couple of months.
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SCREW 4x4 3.5EB 3.55
2014 Dutchmen 190QB
Equal-i-zer 1000# hitch
TM-508 TPMS

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Got a model # for that Forest River?
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

wildwest450
Explorer
Explorer
Forrest river makes one that has a murphy bed, fold it up and you now have a couch and a lot more space, I'm seriously considering one.

CGXterra
Explorer
Explorer
Our first TT was a skyline koala 21CS. It had the walk around queen bed up front with the entertainment console separating it from the rest of the camper.
The tv flipped around so you could watch it from the couch or the bed and the bathroom was awesome.
Ed & Jess - Suffolk, Va
2014 Cedar Creek 36' CKTS
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually

smiley87
Explorer
Explorer
I love my backcountry 22f by outdoorsrv. They make a 22 footer with a slide as well

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
We have been thrilled wih our Dutchmen Kodiak 200QB, 24 ft with tongue. 22 Ft Main Box.

Open floorplan, lots of cabinets, hard walled shower, descent setup.

Kodiak 200OB

Good Luck!
Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Gulf Breeze 22TRB Walk around queen bed at 22 feet
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
popeyemth wrote:
Bumpy can you post or PM me a link to the floor plan ?
Thanks,Mike

http://www.rvcenters.com/rv/west+salem+wi/evergreen+traveltrailer/842/evergreen+ascend+a191rd
I bought the A171RD as I wanted the lightest one as I tow it with a Highlander, until I buy something stouter. the A191RD seems like a lot nicer one IMHO. Pretty much the same as mine but with a walk around bed, little more storage, etc.
bumpy

tackhammer
Explorer
Explorer
Coleman 16qb lite weight with walk around queen bed.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 Express Cargo Van 4.8 V8,3.73,4L80, K&N Air Filter, Flow Master exhaust
2013 Coleman 16QB Expedition LT
2 Beagles and the Better Half.
Nothing better than old iron and camping. It will keep you young

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
The Lance trailers all offer 60 x 80 standard residential sized Serta Mattress Queen beds.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer