cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artic Fox 990 and winter camping

cubbear
Explorer
Explorer
went to Black hills SD snowmobiling did not winterize camper hooked up to shore power and used electric heater to keep warm had no trouble using water or anything else. was gone for week had plenty of water and sewer capacity. Next went to Grand Rapids MN to granddaughters hockey tournament parked in arena yard and used Honda to charge batterys, furnace to stay warm temp got to -8 still had no trouble. From there went to tower Mn snowmobiling 1 night temp got to -14 water line froze between pump and water tank used hair dryer to thaw out. next night -32 below zero water froze again thawed out with hair dryer again. was hooked up to shore power used electric heater to stay warm. we were gone 9 days had plenty of water and sewer capacity. only thing I did to camper was install storm windows, insulate ski lites with foam and windows that did not have storms, back door, cab window ect. I also rewired rear fan that blows heat to drain valves so it would run even if furnace was not on.
16 REPLIES 16

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
cubbear wrote:
I also rewired rear fan that blows heat to drain valves so it would run even if furnace was not on.

Having a little fan up front might help too, which would direct warm air in to the pump/fresh water tank area.

The one at the back blows in to the tank valve area, so I'm sure by the time that air gets drawn through the tank area and up through the vent at the front of the camper, the air isn't doing much to keep the water lines thawed.

Just an idea....
Bob

ace44
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear, -10 is the coldest I have seen with mine.
2015 Arctic Fox 990
2011 GMC 3500 DRW

Alaska Adventure Blog