Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

artic fox trailors

jackbuck
Explorer
Explorer
are artic fox trailors a good trailer =Advice please
jackbuck ,2016 Arctic Fox 29-5-k ,2004 chev 3500 crew with 8100gas,Virginia.One great wife two trailor dogs,9 boys and 2 of the other kind.,all on their own, empty nest. its hard to see the picture when you are inside the frame.
25 REPLIES 25

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
AF trailers built between 2011-2015 with the dark grey caps are having fade problems. Big stink over on the AF forum. Northwood is having no part in helping owners with cap fade. Northwood has since changed cap makers and went to a lighter grey cap. Time will tell with the new caps.
Too bad because everything else about them is solid.

No 2011 models were built with a grey cap
Early production 2012 models also lacked the grey cap (we own one)

Later production 2012 models have the grey cap, also improved cargo doors, improved waste dumping, etc.

I would not reject a rig based solely of color fading.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Steamguy
Explorer
Explorer
We had an Arctic Fox 26J for 14 years, went places in all kinds of weather and really enjoyed it, always comfortable. When we decided we'd trade, we did research for a couple years and ended up with the same manufacturer (Northwood) for a Snow River. Both trailers have been solid, each has been a good purchase and we're happy with them.

We've been camping in one form or another for over 40 years and when friends ask us about trailers, we tell them to go look at a Fox and compare it with what they're thinking about. They always come away impressed.

And yes they tend to run on the heavy side. Northwood builds their own chassis and it is STRONG; and the trailers are built to take rough treatment on our far-from-perfect back roads. I've been pulling with a half-ton and it can be done just fine; just watch the weight on whatever model you get. Figure about a thousand pounds over that, ready to roll out on an adventure.

Hope that helps.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
AF trailers built between 2011-2015 with the dark grey caps are having fade problems. Big stink over on the AF forum. Northwood is having no part in helping owners with cap fade. Northwood has since changed cap makers and went to a lighter grey cap. Time will tell with the new caps.
Too bad because everything else about them is solid.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
With your truck, I'd definitely consider a 4 season trailer such as those made by Arctic Fox/Nash. Folks are also praising Outdoor trailers which seem to be in the same class. If you don't want a 4 season trailer, you may want to consider a Winnebago trailer.

Living in the east, the difficult part is finding Arctic Fox/Nash trailers that are nearby to see and evaluate.

Although we really like our Minnie, if $$ were no object, I'd have a 3/4 ton truck and a 4 season trailer.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:
I think there are worse trailers out there. I would consider one.

Worst but would consider? Talk about an oxymoron?
Northwood builds a great product for the price. But thet are heavy and you really need a substantial vehicle to tow one.
You might want to read coolbreeze post again.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
As good as most, better than many, heavy. Overall, I like them.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
coolbreeze01 wrote:

Worst but would consider? Talk about an oxymoron?
Northwood builds a great product for the price. But thet are heavy and you really need a substantial vehicle to tow one.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
New or used?

If buying used..... I would stay newer than 2008 and white front cap. Then I would look at to see what type of care it had.

If buying new..... We (should say wife) looked at new ones and we gave it some serious thought, but found a used one couple years old hardly used and it followed us home. Something we didn't think about was all the options available if we bought new.

There is a web site http://www.afnash.com/forum.php that you can sign up for free for (30 or 60) days free Most complaints are not big issues. And if people got jerked around by a dealer, read many examples of corp stood behind their product. But there still a wobbly box on wheels like any RV.

Of course there's horror stories also, like all RV's have.

We had a cabinet hinge break on a long trip and stopped at different dealers on a long trip to get the part. It was amazing to us how some dealers treat customers. Some very good others could care less. So don't a dealer taint your views of the product (Arctic Fox).

Hope this helps

(edited part) Thought I would add on a bit. The above web site link is not ran by corp, it is private. So your getting real life not corp. They are made in Eastern OR, so before we spent what I consider a fortune for an RV, we spent a 2 week camping at Wallowa lake, somewhat close to manufacture. I asked every one I saw with one how they like it over a 2 week period. Over 90% happy, the other 10% is why, I said in the beginning of my post, newer than 2008 and white front cap.

They also hold re-sale better IMO.

When we first started looking I thought the model numbers were close to the length. Not true, I would download their brochure first, to make sure I was looking at the right model number for the length I was interested in. And most dealers don't have all the models on their lot at one time. http://www.northwoodmfg.com/images/rsync/brochures/Arctic_Fox_Brochure.pdf
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

B_GAGE
Explorer
Explorer
We've had ours for 12 years with virtually no problems or regrets.
Bill & Donna

2004 Arctic Fox 22GQ, Loaded
2003 Dodge 2500, Quad Cab, 4X4, CTD 5 Speed
2015 Ram 3500 Limited, Crew Cab, CTD, Aisin
2017 Wolfcreek 840, Loaded

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
All I have heard, Arctic Fox are extremely good. They have a great reputation. Very good four season rigs, too. Built well.

We researched several brands, Arctic Fox was top of the line it seemed. We were looking at Nash TT as well on line, but did not get to see one. Nash is make by the same manufacturer. We like the looks of them & there reputation was also very good.

We ended up getting a Lance, which suited our need well & are also well made & come with a Four Seasons option.

Never got to see a Nash or AF up close.

We did look at a few Jayco White Hawk TT & they seem very nice as well.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp