cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

attaching frame cross members back to floor in coach

cyndrcarter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Eclipse Evolution which came apart underneath. Have had a fabricator strengthen the frame and am replacing the axles per Lippert. When the frame cracked and the cross beams pulled away from the coach; some of the bolts were pulled out through the floor. Now that all is secure again I want to re attach from the bottom up, from the frame cross pieces into the floor. What would be the recommendation for re attaching? I have 1 1/2 " of foam, 1/8 " luan plywood, and 15/32 " plywood. I'm guessing some sort of wood screw and glue? Can't come from top down. Can't be too critical as there were only 2 bolts coming down originally. What are your opinions?

Thanks,
Cindy
3 REPLIES 3

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
I would really consider finding a way to come from the top down,
Think outside of the box for ways to do it... One way would be to find places that are hidden, such as under a dinette etc. Come down fron the top where you can and into a new brace of angle iron or 2x4 etc. and run it across the location of the original bolt to another place where you can come down from the top.

Coming down from the top with large washers and bolts will be far stronger than any glue or screws. Do it right and do it once.
I have done many such projects. What seems impossible can be done with some imagination.
I agree with that.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I would really consider finding a way to come from the top down,
Think outside of the box for ways to do it... One way would be to find places that are hidden, such as under a dinette etc. Come down fron the top where you can and into a new brace of angle iron or 2x4 etc. and run it across the location of the original bolt to another place where you can come down from the top.

Coming down from the top with large washers and bolts will be far stronger than any glue or screws. Do it right and do it once.
I have done many such projects. What seems impossible can be done with some imagination.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
for glue I,ve used grab it,, its held up good. use stainless screws.