cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS _ NEW DOMETIC RECALL

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

See the link below - we'll try to make this a sticky shortly replacing the one that's currently there...

NEW DOMETIC RECALL

LINK REPAIRED 8/17/08

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

32 REPLIES 32

biguglyvan
Explorer
Explorer
Is this the same Dometic Recall from a couple years ago?
4 kids and a dog
2004 Toyota Sequoia
Travelstar 21 SB

djdetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Well as my luck would have it my fridge in my Roo 233 is now on the list at first they said it wasn't then called me back 5 minutes later to say it was. So its off to get fixed on monday already set it up with the dealer and they have the parts. Used it for 2 years with no problems so Im not worried. Then out for first trip of the season wednesday. YIPPEEE!!!!

Dave
Dave
DW DS DD
2006 Rockwood Roo 233
2007 Ford F150 Supercrew 5.4L Triton

4HPYCMPRS
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either (thanks to insurance), BUT somebody has to have those 37.2 fridges! Like you all said - sooner than later is better, don't procrastinate on this issue too long! You and your loved ones sleep in there!

Mark.
'08 Chevy Avalanche LT3 6.0L (366hp) 4.10's
'12 Rockwood Signature 8312SS. Equalizer/P3
'06 Honda EU3000iS TomTom ONE 130-S GPS.
Me :h ('71), DW :R ('70), DD :)('01), DD :E ('04).
A wiseman once said "GIT-R-DONE" :?
'13 nights camped- 55

CAMPING PICS & MODS

kwilliam5
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Robocop!! Haven't seen posts from you ...but, then again...I've not been plastered to the forum, either. 🙂

Mine is also affected. Like Chuck and Robocop says...I'll also get to it. Sooner than later. But still...not going to lose sleep over it.

Regards,

Keith W.
Keith Williamson

Williamson Family
Sandra (wife), Daughters Emily (4)and Carolyn (2)

Brand New 2007 Roo 21SS
2003 Durango 4.7l, Weight Distribution Hitch / Reese Dual Cam Sway Control

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Chuck in principal as it relates to math. My fridge has been on 24/7 for 18 months since I purchased the ROO in 2006.

Life goes on.

I have two authorized repair shops within 10 minutes. Just a matter of getting it done.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
We have an appt to have it done the morning of Jun 12....the same day we leave for our next trip. They just said to bring it in at 8:30a and it would take 30 min. We just need to make sure we have our fridge info to prove that it's one of the recalls so that the company fixing our RV can get it's $$ from Dometic.
2009 Coachmen Leprechaun (Class C)
Saturn Vue (toad)
DH (47) :C
me (45) :B
4 cats (Kashi, Lucky, Calvin and Hobbes)...who don't travel well (so they stay home)

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Ours in on the list and was made during the time period. I've no clue to when I can get it to a Dometic repair site, but a detailed inspection of the refrigerator shows no signs problems, so I'm not gonna panic as this is all about "a fractional percentage of the potentially affected refrigerators."

"The total population of these refrigerators potentially containing the defect is 745,574. Dometic estimates that as many as 0.005% may develop weld or boiler fatigue cracks which may result in a fire."

By my math .005% of 745,574 is 37.2 (thirty seven point two) refrigerators. Yeah, I'll have it checked and the fix installed, but I'm not losing sleep over this until then. 😉

Checked my neighbors while I was out there, but his Jayco has a Norcold.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up. I finally got around to checking ours today and sure enough, it made the list this time. Will have to call this week and make arrangements to get ours fixed also.

risingsun
Explorer
Explorer
Just had ours fixed yesterday... Now on to the camping season (as soon as school is out)!
2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2004 GMC Yukon SLT

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked mine. Ours in on there too. Will have to call our local place to see if they can fix it...or whatever they have to do.
Saturn Vue (toad)
4 cats (Kashi, Lucky, Calvin and Hobbes)...who don't travel well (so they stay home)

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Just found out Mine is on the list also. Unfortunately, I cannot get it fixed until after Memorial Day Weekend and I am using it. Dealer told me what to do so hopefully there won't be any issues.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
4HPYCMPRS wrote:

Joanne, no problem. Have a great time in Gettysburg ! ! !

See you in August!

Mark.

Looking forward to it!
Saturn Vue (toad)

4HPYCMPRS
Explorer
Explorer
cranej wrote:
4HPYCMPRS wrote:

Joanne, Your's probably will! I just got mine repaired today at my local RV dealer (not my selling dealer). I called them yesterday and they repaired mine and Rick's today! Took about 20 minutes for each. I'd call FR or Dometic. Actually if you go to http://dometicusa.com/ you can enter your serial # (found on the inside of the fridge on a sticker) to see if it falls into the recall category and it will also tell you the closest dealer you can take it to! Good luck. GIT-R-DONE soon- very important!

Mark.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my trailer as it is sitting in a storage lot about 30 minutes away. We'll be picking it up tomorrow for our weekend trip to Gettysburg so I'll check then. I'm sure if yours was, so is mine. Thanks for the info Mark!

Joanne, no problem. Have a great time in Gettysburg ! ! !

See you in August!

Mark.
'13 nights camped- 55

CAMPING PICS & MODS

cranej
Explorer
Explorer
4HPYCMPRS wrote:

Joanne, Your's probably will! I just got mine repaired today at my local RV dealer (not my selling dealer). I called them yesterday and they repaired mine and Rick's today! Took about 20 minutes for each. I'd call FR or Dometic. Actually if you go to http://dometicusa.com/ you can enter your serial # (found on the inside of the fridge on a sticker) to see if it falls into the recall category and it will also tell you the closest dealer you can take it to! Good luck. GIT-R-DONE soon- very important!

Mark.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my trailer as it is sitting in a storage lot about 30 minutes away. We'll be picking it up tomorrow for our weekend trip to Gettysburg so I'll check then. I'm sure if yours was, so is mine. Thanks for the info Mark!
Saturn Vue (toad)

4HPYCMPRS
Explorer
Explorer
cranej wrote:
4HPYCMPRS wrote:
Les, thanks for the information, just checked my serial # and my fridge is one of the ones that needs to be repaired! I'll get on this first thing Monday morning ! ! ! Thank you again!

Mark.

Wonderful. If Mark's falls under it, mine might too! If so, would I have to take it back to where I purchased the HTT or can I get it done some place I prefer????

Mark.
'13 nights camped- 55

CAMPING PICS & MODS