cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Award trailers

marininn
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for feedback from Award owners, most particularly the 723 model.
The aero shape and lower roof at the sides reduces the frontal area. It also seems to be slightly lower at the center than most tt's.
How much does this help mpg's?
I'm towing a trailer that is even with the roof of my TV so getting 16-19 mpg's w diesel.
I don't want the 10-12 people see with tt's, so wondering if the Award is somewhere between.
Thanks for not offering opinions, Im just looking for real data.

Also, "award" is a very hard term to search since it is not unique at all to the english language. Yes, I have searched.
5 REPLIES 5

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I towed ours with a 95 V-6 Explorer it had the old pushrod 4.0L and 3.73 gears. I didn't tow far with it because my kids were still young 9 months and a year and 9 months. If I remember correctly I was getting about 8 with it.Then I bought a 97 Dodge conv van. It had the 5.9L V-8 and 3.55 gears. It towed exceptionally well. I was getting mid 9's with that setup. They are really nice trailers.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

marininn
Explorer
Explorer
pausin, your closest to understanding the question.
About mileage. so, is 8.5 what u would get towing anything? What do you get towing a box shape?
8 is so bad. I had a class A with 460 motor and got 9 towing a trailer, but it was efi.

Thankyou all for input, but Im only looking for mpg info.
Does this trailer get better mpg compared to similar square shape tt?

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We've got one and love it. Very easy to tow. I can't help much with the mileage question as our tow vehicle is gas - and carbureted at that! We get about 8.4 mpg.

Look close below the front window for evidence of leaks - definitely a weak point. I used 3M marine caulking all around the window to keep it from leaking.

We love the layout, maneuverability, and size. Perfect for 2 people. When we bring along a guest it gets rather tight.

Ours has always been stored inside - that's why it has lasted so long.

I used to belong to a Yahoo Award group - but I believe that fizzled out and moved to Facebook.

Good luck!

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We loved ours when we had it. it was a 727 model. towed great! the only reason we traded was we wanted a slideout. As with anything look it over very good fro leaks.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

owenssailor
Explorer
Explorer
There is a very active Facebook page for Award trailers. It is called Award RV Camping Trailers. You have to ask to join since it is a closed group.
2011 Jayco 28U
2012 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 6 spd 3.42 (sold)
2017 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 8 spd 3.42
Equal-i-Zer 1400/14000
RotoChocks