cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Paint

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
I need some input from the folks here. We purchased a new SunnyBrook Sunset Creek last year. This last weekend we took her out for a camping trip and when we got to the site and set up, I notice something looked strange on the front top panel. Upon closer look I found that the paint was peeling off in big bloches. I also found many nickle and dime size areas all over the front that the paint was flaking off.

My question is this. Has anyone had this problem? We are still under warranty. If someone did, was it under warranty and how was your experience. Positive or negative? I realize every manufacturer may handle this different. I'm just trying to get a feel of what to expect.

Thanks,
Bo
2007 Ford Expedition, 2014 Outback 316RL Diamond Edition.
Me, My Honey Cyndie and the kids (4 Poms) Baxter, Molly, Zoe and Nikko.
7 REPLIES 7

westend
Explorer
Explorer
TeamCyBo wrote:
Oh and btw Westend, I have been keeping up with your restore and am very impressed to say the least. Good work my friend!

Bo
Thanks, Bo!
I have no pertinent info for 'ya on Winnebago's warranty or even their paint quality (as you might expect). Your problem sounds awful reminiscent of surface contamination prior to final coat. If you have a remedial paint job done, contamination and bonding shouldn't be an issue. There are other causes for a lack of bond with paint and it could be as simple as an operator error at the factory.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
Oh and btw Westend, I have been keeping up with your restore and am very impressed to say the least. Good work my friend!

Bo

TeamCyBo
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning all. The TT is metal sided. I took another look yesterday and also noticed that there is a lot of bubbling on the decals also mostly coming from the creases in the metal. I will have them fix that also.

I Do plan on taking it to the dealer to get it fixed and the end of June is the one year mark. One of my concerns is that if the front is peeling, how long will it take for the rest to peel? I don't want this to happen again a year from now. Do you think Winnebago (true owners os SunnyBrook) will extend any warranty on the paint due to problems or we will we be on our own later?

I'm just looking for anyone with past experinces on warranties with Winnebago and a cronic problem that clearly may go past the warranty period.

Thanks,
Bo

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
The rig's still under warranty, paint is peeling off in sheets, and you're fiddling around asking US about this???

Git yerself on down to the dealer TOOT-SWEET, and report back what he says!
He posted that he's trying to get a feel for what to expect. He may have another, better solution, at hand, and would like to know how the dealer would handle the problem. I don't think he was looking for criticism.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Be nice and be persistent. Get them to do what you want by sugggesting it to them.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
The rig's still under warranty, paint is peeling off in sheets, and you're fiddling around asking US about this???

Git yerself on down to the dealer TOOT-SWEET, and report back what he says!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Is it a fiberglass sided or metal?
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle