cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery temp sensor question

Ripit
Explorer
Explorer
I've just switched out my two 12 volt batteries for two 6 volt T105's. On the previous setup the temp sensor was connected to the positive post on the secondary battery (not the one that the inverter wires where connected to.
On my new setup, due to several positive wires connected to the positive post I don't have room for the temp sensor wire on that post and get the nut on too.
SO HERE'S THE QUESTION!!!!
Does it matter which positive post I put the temp sensor on???

Thanks for the help.
Tim
2017 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab
2007 Outfitter Apex 8 Loaded
2014 Eastcape Lostman
2004 King Cat 296
8 REPLIES 8

Ripit
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi Ripit,

You are missing the point. The negative terminal gets hotter than the positive one during use.

I meant I didn't know if it mattered wether it was the inverter or controller temp sensor. Anyway I've got in the correct place now. Thanks for the help.
2014 Eastcape Lostman
2004 King Cat 296

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Ripit,

You are missing the point. The negative terminal gets hotter than the positive one during use.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Ripit
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Blue Sky specifies the negative terminal. On series six volt either negative could be used.

It's not the Blue Sky temp sensor, it's the Magnum sensor. Don't know if it matters but I moved it to the neg. post.

Thanks.
2014 Eastcape Lostman
2004 King Cat 296

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Xantrex ProSine 2.0 also specifies the Neg terminal.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Blue Sky specifies the negative terminal. On series six volt either negative could be used.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Ripit
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
Most batt. temp sensors I've seen say to mount it on the negative post. I think you could go either way since it has nothing to do with the electrical connection. A better method would probably be to stick it to the side of the battery with double sided tape. This would probably give a more accurate reading of batt. temp.

Great, thanks for the tip.
2014 Eastcape Lostman
2004 King Cat 296

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Most batt. temp sensors I've seen say to mount it on the negative post. I think you could go either way since it has nothing to do with the electrical connection. A better method would probably be to stick it to the side of the battery with double sided tape. This would probably give a more accurate reading of batt. temp.

AlbertaNewbie
Explorer
Explorer
If both get charged at the same time, it can go on either positive post.
2014 Dutchmen 261bhs - 7200#'s loaded
2012 Ram 1500 SXT Crew Cab w/5.7L HEMI, 4x4 3.55 Gears
250w Conergy 250P 24v solar with tristar 45amp mppt charge controller