cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery wires- black white and green

StarcraftNick
Explorer
Explorer
i bought a used 2015 starcraft ar-one and I go to install the battery and there are black, white, and green wires. I can see that white is the ground, so i hook that to the negative and from what i understand the black to the positive. The green wire has a fuse on it so i am under the impression that also goes on the positive. Can someone tell me what the green wire is for? what should all work with the battery hooked up? thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

westend
Explorer
Explorer
You should check all the wires for continuity to frame ground. That will definitively expose the (-) phase wire to be connected. There is no answer to what the green wire is for as one would need to trace it to find what, if anything, it powers.

With the battery correctly connected your lights, fans, water pump, electric ignition water heater, and electric ignition furnace should all operate. You should also have a path of current to the onboard converter for charging. There should be a circuit breaker or fuse for the battery main cable within a few feet of the battery.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
Since it's used I would try and track it see where it goes may be something the previous owner had in it that no longer goes to anything.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
StarcraftNick wrote:
i bought a used 2015 starcraft ar-one and I go to install the battery and there are black, white, and green wires. I can see that white is the ground, so i hook that to the negative and from what i understand the black to the positive. The green wire has a fuse on it so i am under the impression that also goes on the positive. Can someone tell me what the green wire is for? what should all work with the battery hooked up? thanks.

If it's fused, it's a positive connection. Tongue jack, maybe?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP