cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brand new TT has sewage odor

Valkyrie1
Explorer
Explorer
Every once in awhile i get a whiff of nastiness outside the trailer,never been used yet. Any ideas? Still winterized. Am I smelling something else? Help the newbie.:-)
18 REPLIES 18

spike99
Explorer
Explorer

If getting smells within the RV/Chassis during towing, simply install the 360 Roof Top product. This product's design creates a negative air pressure above the vent pipe. Thus, "sucking" the bad air up and out the vent pipe. If wondering, normal vent caps don't create upward suction power. And sometimes, normal factory vents actually push air "down" the vent pipe while towing. Thus, pushing bad smells down (into) the tank and since pressurized air must come out, the bad air goes into the RV's chassis. Many times, I read the 360 siphon vent Product works great. Especially during towing (that makes wind - to create this upward suction). And, also works great when camping on windy days as well. For more details, surf: - click here -

If getting smells within the chassis on "no wind" situations, I read many time the Power Fan vent products works great. They can be either solar power, 12V power or even 110/120V power. I like the idea of solar power product (such as: - Click Here - ) but I read this product doesn't work well on NO sun days. Thus, I like the 12V or 110/120V power fan products (such as inline: - click here - ) much better. Especially with their manual off, low and high speed manual switches - regardless of wind/no wind and/or sun no sun days. Great inline power product but not too sure about removing bathroom wall panels - to install this inline vent pipe product.

Another great looking "roof top" product is the older style Little Stanker product. re: - Click Here - Think they stopped making this product 2 years ago. But, someone might have a similar product.

Hope this helps

wtravlr1
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes down drafts will force oder back into the trailer. I put an add on weather vain type vent top, it seems to help.

shadowpup
Explorer
Explorer
If it is pluged into 120, check the water level in the batteries. Had the same problem when my rig was new. Water was low and it cooked the batteries. Dealer had to replace them.
Me and my Siberian Huskie (cat in a dog suit)
30' Safari Ivory class C

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Not trying to be smart, but could it be LP?
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge