cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bummer - found a tear in my roof

mnaquaman
Explorer
Explorer
No camping here yet this year!! Been too wet and too busy.
Looked inside today and found water, wet & stained pads, and some swelled wood. Nothing to serious I hope.

Went up on the roof and found a 3 inch long tear right on the corner of the roof. Cleaned it and patched the tear with a piece of Enterabound that I purchased from Wally World a few years back for a buck.

Time to trim the tree in my side yard, I think it sank it's teeth into my roof.

Everyone say's this stuff is the best wish me luck.

Happy camping and happy Fathers day to all.
Randy & Sharon Engelland
Farmington, MN
2017 Jayco 23bhm
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ
5 REPLIES 5

mnaquaman
Explorer
Explorer
Filed my Insurance claim today. This should be interesting. I have no idea how much it will cost to repair. Right front corner has some swelled up sideing on the front panel. No swelling on the side wall. I just might get luckey and only have to replace the front panel of the TT. I will keep you updated as we move thru the clam & repair process.

I am thnkfull that I at least have a great dealer Hill Top Trailer Sales in Fridley, MN is great.

Happy Camping
Randy & Sharon Engelland
Farmington, MN
2017 Jayco 23bhm
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ

mnaquaman
Explorer
Explorer
I little concerned about mold. About the only thing I can do is stop the leak and hope it dries out ok.

Happy camping
Randy & Sharon Engelland
Farmington, MN
2017 Jayco 23bhm
2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ

endlesstravel
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, EternaBond is probably the best way to go. I've fixed two seam leaks with it and they're both going 5+ years strong. Good instructions on fixing the damage with EternaBond at Best Small Camper's RV Roof Repair InstructionsYou can sometimes find it cheap on ebay.
Good luck and let us know how it turns out

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond is awesome. Drying the wood out will be the trick - you don't want it to mold.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you cleaned the area well and applied the Eternabond properly, you won't have any problems. It is a great product.