cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bunkhouse with door

mldicus
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there! We're looking to buy a used travel trailer in the next few months and are doing some research to get a better idea of how much cash we'd like saved up and then what specific makes/models we'll be on the hunt for. One of the features we'd really like that doesn't seem to show up super frequently is a bunkhouse that has a sliding or hindged door (as opposed to a curtain). I stumbled into the Shadow Cruiser and have found that they seem to have a door. Googling this specific question is pretty convoluted, so I thought I'd ask the RV community here!
9 REPLIES 9

JoeTampa
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco 33RBTS has a regular door for the bunkhouse.
2006 Keystone Cougar 243RKS (First trailer)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (Traded in)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS (Current)
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.6L Duramax Diesel (LBZ)
Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 WDH
Prodigy P2 BC
Amateur Call AB2M

Mr_MrsSchleppro
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 Salem 29ud3 TT has triple bunks with a door. It also has sliding doors going in to the front bedroom as well.
Phil&April
'99F-250Superduty4x4/CrewCab/7.3
'04Tahoe4x4/5.3
'14 Salem 29ud3 TT
We used to have Johnny Cash and Bob Hope,now we have no cash and no hope.

sidewayzz
Explorer
Explorer
windjammer 3006w
2006 dodge ram 2500
forest river heritage glen
wife and three kids

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
My 28' Cruisers RV Radiance has a swing door. Their 31' model with dual slides also has a hinge door.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Heritage Glen 29BH has a sliding door.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
Our Keystone Springdale had a door. We love it.
Brian
2010 Keystone Springdale SG294BHSSR
2006 Ford F250 Superduty SB 4x4

RwaSmith
Explorer
Explorer
My Forrest River Vibe 308bhs has a door to the bunkhouse. We like it due to the fact that the kids stuff stays back there out of site. Because they make a large mess.
2016 Forrest River Vibe 308BHS
2010 Chevy Suburban 2500

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many Crossroad TT's, including my 2013 ST29SS, have doors to their bunk rooms

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!

Not sure what your price range is or how new you would like to look for. But the Jayco 32 BHDS has a sliding door. I don't recall for sure, but the older version I think had a door also, 31 BHDS I think it was. Built back about 8yrs ago maybe.... Came across a used one for sale when trying to decide used vs new last July.

The Coachmen Catalina version of our Jayco I believe had a sliding door also. And maybe the Puma also.

Keep in mind if looking at a newer model, say no older than 5yrs or so, that a lot of people are asking almost as much as a new trailer with a warranty. Reason is they didn't get the best price, added the extended warranty, then financed it for as long as possible and made the minimum payments. So they still owe a fair amount.

What kind of tv (tow vehicle) do you have? Our 32 BHDS is in 2500/250+ territory. I have read of a few here and there towing with a 1500/150, but there are very few 1500/150 trucks with the proper ratings for this trailer or a comparable. Just make sure you do your homework before signing the papers!

Good luck in your search!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.