cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camping World Problems

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a new shower head for the TT 11 days ago. Realized yesterday that it did not come. Looked back into the email receipt and sent them another email asking whats up. NO ANSWER. Called later on. On hold for over 30 minutes! Then a polite woman said that its in process but couldn't tells us when and blamed it on a new computer system. I'm leaving in 4 hours and really wanted to try it out. Very disappointed in CW's poor service I would have ordered from some other place to have it for this weekend....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
30 REPLIES 30

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
Raymon wrote:
GENECOP wrote:
Amazon......rarely if ever a problem, become a prime member..

X2 I have never had any problem when ordering from Amazon. Camping World?

Ray

X3
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL

Bradybr
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry I posted twice. That's how frustrated I am, I guess. Again, So Sorry!
Bob

Bradybr
Explorer
Explorer
Well... I just sent this to Camping World and can't believe it's happening. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though.
"Experience is very poor and I haven't even got my travel trailer back yet. I took it in 3 weeks ago and just wanted the waste values with coils swapped out for new waste values that just had a rod handle. Also I wanted the service technician to look at the toilet because it had a leak in the back where the blue water line connects. I asked that they call if it cannot be repaired. That was it. Well after calling CW 3 or 4 times without success and leaving a message for a return call, I finally go to the internet to online chat and talk to a "Marsha" hoping for some resolution. Finally CW did call later that day and I ask the status of the work order. The service person said it was done. I was quite surprised because I hadn't been called at all for the 3 weeks. I asked him if I could pick it up and how much I should plan on paying. He said the total was $600. WHAT!!!!!!?? What did you do? Well found out that the values were replaced, but then without authorization they went ahead and actually installed a NEW toilet and then proceeded to check all other values and water filter connections, etc. WITHOUT calling for my approval. They even charged me for the low water drain leaks which I'm sure were not leaking!!!! I do check over my values and hoses often. They also claimed a leak under the kitchen sink which again, I know was not an issue. Even so, I should have been notified of all of this before work was done. I could fix many of the issues they did without asking for much less than the parts and labor they hammered me with!!!!!!!! Now after doing some research on the internet from Rver's comments and blogs, I see now why CW has such a poor rating, and so many folks are telling others to stay away. Me... I will not return to CW even though it was closer and more convenient to take my business there. I can't believe your service techs do work without authorization!!!!! Not even a 1 star rating and wish I could report to the BBB but know it won't help.)
Bob

Bradybr
Explorer
Explorer
Well... this is what I sent to Camping World today. Can't believe this is happening. Pick up the trailer tomorrow.
"Experience is very poor and I haven't even got my travel trailer back yet. I took it in 3 weeks ago and just wanted the waste value with coils swapped out for new waste values that just had a rod handle. Also I wanted the service technician to look at the toilet because it had a leak in the back where the blue water line connects. I asked that they call if it cannot be repaired. That was it. Well after calling CW 3 or 4 times without success and leaving a message for a return call, I finally go to the internet to online chat and talk to a "Marsha" hoping for some resolution. Finally CW did call later that day and I asked the status of the work order. The service person said it was done. I was quite surprised because I hadn't been called at all for the 3 weeks. I asked him if I could pick it up and how much I should plan on paying. He said the total was $600. WHAT!!!!!!?? What did you do? Well found out that the values were replaced, but then without authorization they went ahead and actually installed a NEW toilet and then proceeded to check all other values and water filter connections, etc. WITHOUT calling for my approval. They even charged me for the low water drain leaks which I'm sure were not leaking!!!! I do check over my values and hoses often. They also claimed a leak under the kitchen sink which again, I know was not an issue. Even so, I should have been notified of all of this before work was done. I could fix many of the issues they did without asking for much less than the parts and labor they hammered me with!!!!!!!! Now after doing some research on the internet from Rver's comments and blogs, I see now why CW has such a poor rating, and so many folks are telling others to stay away. Me... I will not return to CW even though it was closer and more convenient to take my business there. I can't believe your service techs do work without authorization!!!!! Not even a 1 star rating and wish I could report to the BBB but know it won't help.)"
Bob

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
doxiluvr wrote:
We had totally opposite experience with Camping World. We just ordered 2 sets of tire covers to be sent to us at the RV park we are staying. Order was processed, I received email with tracking number and it said it would arrive in 7 to 14 working days and we received them in 10. Excellent quality covers also. We are now waiting for a new patio chair and patio rug we ordered this week. Once again received confirmation email with the tracking number.

At least they came, Amazon would have had them at your RV Park within 24 Hrs of checking out...

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only thing that could be worse than their service is their prices. Everything online is always "On Sale" all the time (excellent business model - not). The thing is, it's pretty much always cheaper somewhere else on the internet from an independent RV parts vendor plus, their service is waaaay better. I really don't understand why some think CW is so great and why they can be so loyal.

Just google what you want and see what MakariosRV, PPLmotorhomes, Tweetys, RVupgradestore and the rest of them have to offer. Receive a defective item or it breaks under the warranty? These guys are always happy to keep you happy. Amazon and ebay aren't always the cheapest and can sometimes even be quite a bit more.

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had totally opposite experience with Camping World. We just ordered 2 sets of tire covers to be sent to us at the RV park we are staying. Order was processed, I received email with tracking number and it said it would arrive in 7 to 14 working days and we received them in 10. Excellent quality covers also. We are now waiting for a new patio chair and patio rug we ordered this week. Once again received confirmation email with the tracking number.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World's office are located down the street from me. Their selection is second to none. I usually go to the local store to get my items or order from WalMart or Amazon. CW shipping is very high for low cost items. WM does ship to store for free and it's usually there in 4 or 5 days.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

Lobout
Explorer
Explorer
I had an issue with an order recently too. 7 days after the order it was still showing as processing, I called them and after a 45 minute hold, was told that currently they were at a 14 day delay to pack and ship items. I did get the items today, but you would think that if they know there is a delay at the warehouse that they would inform you before you purchase.

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered some mirror extenders on May 20th. About a week after I ordered them, I started getting the backordered e-mails. Every Day! I get one every day rubbing it in. Still no extenders. But, I know they are back ordered. Don't know for how long.
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you want it this year, go to a local dealer and don't order
from CW

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
penguin747 wrote:
Here's one from 3 weeks ago, needed some new Maxx air covers and found Internet special at 19.95,I needed 2 of them. Called store and they wouldn't honor because shipping was involved. So went to place order online and it was $40 each on shipping! I called my local cw and they couldn't explain why it cost twice as much to ship as the product cost. Ended up calling cw directly and guy had to override the Shipping price.

Not only CW is involved with these outrageous shipping charges.

Recently purchased a three foot long USB cable to connect my blood sugar machine with my computer. $9.95. Fair enough.

Shipping cost to place unit in envelope and address same? $12.95!!!!! Come on guys, you don't even need a box!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

penguin747
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one from 3 weeks ago, needed some new Maxx air covers and found Internet special at 19.95,I needed 2 of them. Called store and they wouldn't honor because shipping was involved. So went to place order online and it was $40 each on shipping! I called my local cw and they couldn't explain why it cost twice as much to ship as the product cost. Ended up calling cw directly and guy had to override the Shipping price.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaChris wrote:
Sorry the OP has this situation.

The thing that frosts my cookies is how Marcus (CW's CEO) sells himself as an expert that can help other businesses via his TV show The Profit. Yet they as a company focus more on marketing than on execution.

There's no excuse for the CSR not being able to provide a useful update on the status of an obviously overdue order.

Good Post and well said. Marcus need to get his own house in order before holding himself out as an expert and "helping" others.

Some will say "Well, he makes money." True, but at what expense?

Customer service and consistency seems to be a major issue at CW.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006