cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camplite 13 qbb

PAB4
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to purchase a Camplite 13 qbb which my wife and I will be the only users. . We are comfortable with the size and product. We will be towing with a 6 cyl Tacoma 2 wheel drive. My major concern are the small 13 in tires. Does anyone out there have any experiences or recommendations. This is our first TT.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
PAB4 wrote:
Getting ready to purchase a Camplite 13 qbb which my wife and I will be the only users. . We are comfortable with the size and product. We will be towing with a 6 cyl Tacoma 2 wheel drive. My major concern are the small 13 in tires. Does anyone out there have any experiences or recommendations. This is our first TT.
Thanks

13's are going to leave you precious few choices in alternative tires. If there is room for 14" tires in the fender wells, and you are willing to spend the money on a couple of new wheels, the possibilities open up considerably.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
PAB4 wrote:
We will be purchasing from Southland. How much off of the msrp can we expecy ?

Check your private messages.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Posted in wrong topic and tried to delete this (unsuccessfully).

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Camplite 21BHS. We really like it and find the quality to be excellent. I bought mine in Lakeland, and used the Internet price from Southland as a bargaining point for my negotiations. Judging by the reactions of people at the dealer not involved with the deal, Southland's prices are excellent. I was told (after the deal was done) by several people that they were shocked we closed the deal at that price. In fact, I was told later that the manager, knowing we were willing to drive to Georgia to pick up the trailer, called LivinLite asking how Southland was able to ask that price. He received a deal on some future purchases, so he agreed to make the deal with us.

In any case, you'll love the trailer. Less luxurious looking than most others, and also more expensive; but they tow great, don't have a rubber roof, and are very durable.

Best of luck.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
MSRP can be all over the place, so can pricing & puchasing a TT.

Looking on RVtrader, that model prices range: $24,643 down to $16,995 (the two in $17k range are 2012's).

Price Examples

General rule, heard is 20%-30% off MSRP.

I use Southland for parts and repair help, they are just getting into carrying & selling RV's. Good guys wih dealings I have had.

Camp lites are great trailers, with them being all aliminum and how they are contructed.

Have fun and enjoy the adventures.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

PAB4
Explorer
Explorer
We will be purchasing from Southland. How much off of the msrp can we expecy ?

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
Some owners in this thread you can chat with
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25841050.cfm

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
That's a really cute camper. I don't think you'll have any problem with the tires. If you towed that camper in Indiana, you wouldn't even need brakes, as Indiana requires brakes on trailers over 3000 pounds - combined dry weight and load capacity does not exceed 3000 pounds:

Box Length 13'-0" Dry Weight *2,350 lbs
Overall Length: 16'-6" Load Capacity: *650 lbs.
Overall Width: 7'-0" Hitch Weight: 170 lbs.
Height w/AC: 9'-6" Grey Water: 27 gal.
Tire Size: 13" Black Water: 14 gal.
GVWR: 3,000 lbs. Fresh Water: 20 gal.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I see you're from GA. Are you getting your camper from Southland RV in Buford? If so - great dealer - great folks - family run and operated. We got our Aliner from them.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer! I know some folks who had smaller trailers with 13" wheels and had no issues. As long as the tires are rated for the load of the trailer, you're good to go. You probably can't put bigger wheels on without flipping the axles, so I would suggest trying the trailer as is for a year and make a decision after that.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I tow an Aliner (hard sided foldable A frame camper) with 13 inch tires. Be careful to not go over the recommended speed for these tires (65 mph) to avoid blowouts, especially if the camper is at the top end of weight allowance for this size tire. I haven't had any trouble with the tires yet (knock on wood). Check your tire pressure before each trip. We keep ours at 50 psi (amount stated on the side wall).
Beth and Joe

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI