cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't find a Coachmen 21tqx. Help!

sheripoms
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so we narrowed it down to a Coachmen 21tqx.. But we live in Louisiana and can not find one within 400 miles.
Am I looking in the right places by just googling it? Is there a database somewhere of coachmen trailers?

Also for that matter , don't seem to be any Roo's in the states of Louisiana, Tx or Ms , ARk.. Man I must live in a camping dead spot!
14 REPLIES 14

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
jagermeister wrote:
Oh, and I checked Craigslist and can't find any older Roo 233 models. When was the last year they were manufactured?

Thanks.

according to NADA, 2011.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
jagermeister wrote:
So were you able to track down the Freedom Express? I can't locate any either in the Colorado area.

I like the FE 21tqx because it's 3 ft longer than the Roo 183. Then I go back and forth between the FE 21tqx and the Roo 233S. The Roo 233s is even longer has a lot more space with the slide but comes at a cost with the extra weight.

the OP ended up buying a Roo 21DK.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jagermeister
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, and I checked Craigslist and can't find any older Roo 233 models. When was the last year they were manufactured?

Thanks.

jagermeister
Explorer
Explorer
So were you able to track down the Freedom Express? I can't locate any either in the Colorado area.

I like the FE 21tqx because it's 3 ft longer than the Roo 183. Then I go back and forth between the FE 21tqx and the Roo 233S. The Roo 233s is even longer has a lot more space with the slide but comes at a cost with the extra weight.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
sheripoms wrote:
Bikenden, the coachmen21qtx is alot lighter than the 233. I beleive about 500 lbs lighter.
The 183 is nice but its shorter than the coachmen and it does not have as much storage.
Maybe I'm just picky, ๐Ÿ™‚

the 21TQX has a "dry" weight of 3335lbs. and is 22'7" long.
the older 7 1/2' wide 233 has a "dry" weight of 3460lbs. and are 23'4" long.
weight difference of 125lbs. and 9".

the later 8' wide 233 has a "dry" weight of 3533lbs. and is 23'9" long. a weight difference of 198lbs. and a foot longer.

maybe you're looking at the heavier 233S, which is different than the 21TQX, since it has a slideout. the 233 is more similar to the 21TQX, because it doesn't have a slideout.

sheripoms
Explorer
Explorer
Bikenden, the coachmen21qtx is alot lighter than the 233. I beleive about 500 lbs lighter.
The 183 is nice but its shorter than the coachmen and it does not have as much storage.
Maybe I'm just picky, ๐Ÿ™‚

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
sheripoms wrote:
Ok so we narrowed it down to a Coachmen 21tqx..

since this is a copy of the original 3-bed hybrid, the 233, is there a reason why you prefer this one, to the Roo or Shamrock 233 or the 183?
there probably are a few used 233 units out there, since it's been around for almost 10 years.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
NittanyLion wrote:
sheripoms wrote:
Ok so we narrowed it down to a Coachmen 21tqx.. But we live in Louisiana and can not find one within 400 miles.
Am I looking in the right places by just googling it? Is there a database somewhere of coachmen trailers?

Also for that matter , don't seem to be any Roo's in the states of Louisiana, Tx or Ms , ARk.. Man I must live in a camping dead spot!

Some pictures of the 23tQX if your interested...
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/18326061/gotomsg/27546393.cfm#27546393

Clicky

NittanyLion
Explorer
Explorer
sheripoms wrote:

Some pictures of the 23tQX if your interested...
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/18326061/gotomsg/27546393.cfm#27546393

NittanyLion
Explorer
Explorer
sheripoms wrote:

The way I got ou 23TQX was I contacted coachmen directly, was put in touch with their salesperson who then contacted my local coachmen dealer and basically made them bring one in for me. If your heart is set on the Coachmen, then that is the best way to get what you want. Since the dealer doesn't sell these very much he lowered the price tremendously for us. We couldn't be happier with our decision. I have had so many people ask if they could look inside when they see the slide out as well as the tents. Good luck with your search, but try reaching out directly to Coachmen.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
sheripoms wrote:
bikendan,, could you give me some names of dealers selling Roos in Tx.
Fun Town does not have any right now.

no, i've just seeen many Roo owners here, that got theirs in Texas.
i wouldn't remember which dealers they were.
and they may not stock them since they are a niche market.

i would do the Dealer Locator thing, on the Forest River website, for Roo and Shamrock dealers in Texas.
you could also start a thread asking for recommendations from Roo and Shamrock owners from Texas.

i do remember a number of them bought theirs from RVW and RVDirect and drove to Ohio and Des Moines to pick them up.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you will just have to order one. Hybrids are not on a dealers lot for a reason. TT rule the roost.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

sheripoms
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan,, could you give me some names of dealers selling Roos in Tx.
Fun Town does not have any right now.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
have you gone to the Coachmen or Roo websites and put in your zip, in the Dealer Locator section?

i do know lots of Texas dealers carry Roos.
and remember the Flagstaff Shamrock is the exact twin brand of the Rockwood Roo.

and you nay need to put the model brand, not Coachmen.
it's a Freedom Express 21TQX.