cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CB Antenna Mount

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
I tried searching for an answer but could not find anything so here is my question.

How are you mounting a CB Antenna on the Truck once you have you Truck Camper on the Truck? He has a 2012 Chevy 300 Dually.

My Buddy is heading up to NH this weekend to pick up a New Truck Camper. They ware planning on making a trip to Alaska this Summer and do not what to drag their Fifth wheel up there. He has always had a CB in everything he has had and we are hoping to get some ideas on what you all have done.

Thanks
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona
18 REPLIES 18

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Not a CB ant. but my ham radio antenna is mounted on the drivers' side mirror arm. I used to have another one on the passenger side mirror. I can't mount the ant. straight up or it will rub the front of the camper. I have to tip it forward slightly. It works fine.
The center of the hood would work great but look kind of dumb.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Get one of these and mount it wherever you like.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

fatmanobx
Explorer
Explorer
I have a F250 with a Lance 855 and had to use a finder mount for my firestick app 6 inches towards the front of the veh. from the rear edge of the hood. That gives me about 3-4 inches clearance to the front of the camper. I had to use a short ant. for my am/fm radio.
2011 Lance 855
3.5# Minpin named Darcy RIP
Ford F250 Super Duty

coffeebean43140
Explorer
Explorer
I would use a magnetic mount. Put on the hood.