cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Convert fastguns to wobble stoppers

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
It seems to me that with a few modifications to your camper you could make your fast guns dual use. You're not using the fastguns when you need the wobble stoppers. Is there any reason why you couldn't make mount points on your jacks and on the camper that were approximately the same distance apart as the length of your shorter fastguns?

Then when you want to take the camper off, you take the fastguns off, drop the camper and then put two back on.

Am I missing something here?
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel
3 REPLIES 3

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
joerg68 wrote:
Wouldn't the wobble stoppers have a fixed length once set?

As far as I understand the mechanics, you could still push the fastguns in some way (make them
shorter) even when they are locked/engaged. And as they are spring loaded, you can probably still pull them out a tiny little bit. Also the hooks at both ends are not suited to take any load except pulling.

The only point of the three you make which couldn't easily be dealt with by the positioning of the anchors seems to be the spring loaded point. I didn't consider that the wobble stoppers might not be spring loaded too. I knew there had to be a reason someone hasn't done this yet.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wouldn't the wobble stoppers have a fixed length once set?

As far as I understand the mechanics, you could still push the fastguns in some way (make them
shorter) even when they are locked/engaged. And as they are spring loaded, you can probably still pull them out a tiny little bit. Also the hooks at both ends are not suited to take any load except pulling.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
The wobble stoppers are much shorter so the fastguns may not close up enough to tighten up , you would need to buy or fabricate the mounting brackets on the jack end and the camper end but they are basically the same device.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's