cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
heitjer wrote:
This is my personal favorite:

It gives me the rear view that I need during back up and during driving.

Others are posted on my blog.

Heitjer, can you post a pic showing how you mounted that? Thanks.......
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

heitjer
Explorer
Explorer
This is my personal favorite:

It gives me the rear view that I need during back up and during driving.

Others are posted on my blog.
"...we're on the road again..." MODS & More
2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab Laramie, 6.7L Cummins, 6 Speed Auto, Exhaust Break
2006 Sunset Creek 298BH by SunnyBrook, 33 1/2 ft

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have photos of their AC where they added the booster capacitor? I'd like to see that.....
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Ag2000CO
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed the whole in my floor

Photo edited to conform to RV.Net guidelines

Lou
1959 Streamline 28'
Starband on a tripod
1960 Avion H-24 - gone to a better place

foneguy493
Explorer
Explorer
To keep the topoic going so fay my only mods are key hooks near the entry door, and my 14v dewalt to raise and lower the levelers. considering a power tongue jack
take pictures.....leave bubbles

04 1500 ram 4x4
08 hornet 27b hideout

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Peach wrote:
Can you tell me more about the 22 Caliber BB's? A friend suggested using a 22 with a special bullet that wouldn't carry as far as regular 22 bullets.....snip

Careful, the Moderator may close down the thread if we lose sight of "Cool :C Mods" subject matter. To much good stuff here.

Turk2500 🙂

TreeHugger
Explorer
Explorer
I need to make a list of all the ideas in this thread.

bendjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
I hung a curtain for my Daughter on her bunk. It is set up just like a submarine.
Ben & Melissa
1 Spoiled Golden
33 Foot Prowler, 2004

Wgeorge11
Explorer
Explorer
Great thread with some cool/novel ideas
Traveling companion

Wally_Gator
Explorer
Explorer
I have done something similar, but without drilling, See the image.

These are Pickup bed load locks. I use them on the front and back and one down the length of the trailer.
This greatly reduces the trailer wiggle you feel, especially with three kids running around the trailer.

Later I will make something more permanent, but for now these serve dual purposes, lock the wood in the bed and reduce wiggle.
2001 Chevy Silverado.
2007 Fleetwood Mallard BHS

sperduton
Explorer
Explorer
RBaker3967 wrote:
Man you guys are sharp. They are sign posts, not the heavy kind they use on big signs, but the ones they use for reflectors. I did put one on the front too. The trailer is so long it only cured about half the sway. I got rid of the rest of the sway with another set of jacks just in front of the tires.

Actually, I have an extra set of jacks and was thinking of the same thing. Mounting them right in front of the tires.
2005 Chateau 33-L, with Propride hitch
2004 Ram 2500 QC, 4wd Long bed

RBaker3967
Explorer
Explorer
Man you guys are sharp. They are sign posts, not the heavy kind they use on big signs, but the ones they use for reflectors. I did put one on the front too. The trailer is so long it only cured about half the sway. I got rid of the rest of the sway with another set of jacks just in front of the tires.
1997 F-350 CC PSD DRW
2005 Jayco 31BHS
1990 Sunline 1150 TC
Dad:D, Mom:W, Two teenage girls:?, Fido the wonder dog:p.

busch2fan
Explorer
Explorer
Fair point... I stand corrected. This is why I never did good in Geometry in high school... LOL!!

JaySki
Explorer
Explorer
busch2fan wrote:
I can't speak for the OP, but I would think that side to side scissor jacks are faily stable in their standalone design. It is front to back where there is the majority of the movement, thus the design of the BAL Stabilizer Bars.

Regardless, it is an ingenious design mod.

I hate to be one to argue... But the Scissor jacks pivot side to side.. that is where a a vast majority of wiggles comes from. If you think about it, if you are on level ground, wheels chocked, you shouldn't get any forward/reverse movement.
Aside from the tongue jack and the wheels, there isn't much to prevent the side/side wiggle as the scissor jacks are hinged and the more they are extended, the more they will allow side/side movement.

His MOD is ingenious... I am pretty sure it works pretty well at further reducing wiggle.

busch2fan
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for the OP, but I would think that side to side scissor jacks are faily stable in their standalone design. It is front to back where there is the majority of the movement, thus the design of the BAL Stabilizer Bars.

Regardless, it is an ingenious design mod.