cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Keith_Haw
Explorer
Explorer
Finally made it through all 197 pages! Lot of great ideas here and just wanted to say thanks.
Keith

MontanaCamper
Explorer
Explorer
we wanted to do the same type thing but got the little shelf units and the just fit in the closet in our front bedroom.
'07 301BHS FOR SALE
'07 Dodge 2500 w/5.9L SOLD
'96 wife
4 dogs
2 cats
10 rc's

Been pulling a trailer for 16 years
2013 camping nights: 16
2014 camping nights: 28!! Then tranny went out........

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Here ya go. I went into the poster's photo albums and found this;

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

Looks like a bad link for the image in the thread above - I tired to see it and copied it into my browser line and it's coming back with no match... Maybe the OP can check the URL and try again...

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

ktown71
Explorer
Explorer
rondeb wrote:
Quote Pam
We bought plastic sheleves at Loews. They fit perfectly in width and depth. Two of three reqiured no changes. The third shelf required us to cut the legs to accommodate a curve in the closet. They were inexpensive--about $15. Might work for you.

Has anyone done anything to the long wardrobe type closest along side the bed?
Who brings clothes on hangers camping? Not us.
Currently I have plastic stackable drawers in there, but they only sit about halfway in, so there is a lot of lost space.
I wonder if it's worth shelving & maybe using baskets?

We put the wire shelves in 2 of our 3 hanging clothes closets. Attached the larger size quarter round with HEAVY Duty Velcro. Measured the width of the shelving, Home Depot cut the shelving for me. For the Deep shelves that are beside the bed I just used 2 pieces of the shelving material as those closets were really deep.

drakethib
Explorer
Explorer
M*A*S*H wrote:
Added some rails to the bunks... and they are easily removable for getting in and out. The fabric is all being changed out to match the red / white / brown so they will match better as we finish up.

Did that ladder come with the TT?

That looks like perfect size and thinking about building one.
Drake, Kathy, & Kaitlyn
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 35E Gasser

Admin
Bump for Les and me
Please do not post here until we give you the okay or I delete this post.
Additional posts will be deleted until all clear.
May take us a day or so.

Thanks
Admin
RV.net

The thread has now been restored - please disregard the above information - it is now OK to post in thus thread...

Les - Moderator

Admin
RV.net

Air_E_Dawg
Explorer
Explorer
Robertsunrus:
Rock Guard looks great!
Nice seeing a familiar face! (clewis77 on airforums)
1982 Airstream Limited
Ford Excursion V10 4x4

LBL_1206
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine from Lowes, they are tin. Also in the vendor display, they sell the two side tape made especially for this product. It's paper thin and very very sticky.

j3d
Explorer
Explorer
use clear silicone. will hold great!
2010 Cadillac Escalade
2011 Keystone Bullet 286QBS
me, DW, DK (dang kids)Justin & Joshua & DD (dang dogs)Bear & Killer

Wrace
Explorer
Explorer
lgarcia wrote:
bigc3031 wrote:
I called the company that makes the plastic panels and they are rated to 450 degrees so they should be safe where he has them.

I put the Home Depot version behind my TT stove and along the wall just like in the picture this summer - they are meant to be a stove backsplash and look wonderful.

Do they mount to the wall using adhesive?

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
bigc3031 wrote:
I called the company that makes the plastic panels and they are rated to 450 degrees so they should be safe where he has them.

I put the Home Depot version behind my TT stove and along the wall just like in the picture this summer - they are meant to be a stove backsplash and look wonderful.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

bigc3031
Explorer
Explorer
2009 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Diesel
Springdale 291RKSSR
Wife and 2 pugs to travel the world with.

Choice_spot
Explorer
Explorer
cheezy26_81 wrote:
thewaggonerfamily wrote:
Does anyone have some good pics/link/suggestions/ideas for neatly storing a lot of fishing poles? We are a family of 9, so at least 9 fishing poles, but usually more, because my hubby will have a few different types of rods and also likes to have a couple extra, just in case. Also a couple of those will be kid rods. We have a TT and no long cross camper storage bays. (I wish!) We do have a large storage area under the RV queen bed that lifts up, but is only accessible from indoors. The exterior storage is under one of the dinette benches and under the rear bunk bed, but that also has the water heater and maybe the furnace under there. Oh, and needs to be fairly cheap. Ideas?

i have seen one mod for fishing poles where they strapped a pvc tube to the bumper. i think it was 6" pvc.

Just saw this so you have probably already solved problem. We put rod holders under the queen bed that lifts up. Leaves plenty of room on the floor for storage as the holders are attached to the bottom of the bed. Works great.

kscaddo
Explorer
Explorer
j3d wrote:
backsplash mod. plastic tin-looking panels from the home center. reflects light & keep the spaghetti sauce off the walls! used the leftover piece in the bathroom.

Be careful with the "tin-looking" panels. We did the same in our kitchen and they will melt!

Regards
2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2018 Ram 3500 4X4 Cummins
Archibald of Appin the Scottie.:C