cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

dutchman28rgs
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you find the curved shower curtain rod ?? We have a very small shower/tub.

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
cdgm wrote:
JBarca it looks like you did a good job.

I got my Lexan from "The Land of Plenty" I attached it with clear heavy duty interlocking velcro also from the "The Land of Plenty" (Not the fuzzy type)

I also made a template then I transfered it to the Lexan so I could cut it.

I leave mine on all the time so removeing it is not an issue.

Thanks for the kind words.

H'mm "The Land of Plenty" Is this the land fill or left overs from work???

We leave the bottom on year round, the top comes off in early summer. Then back on when AC season comes...

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
JBarca it looks like you did a good job.

I got my Lexan from "The Land of Plenty" I attached it with clear heavy duty interlocking velcro also from the "The Land of Plenty" (Not the fuzzy type)

I also made a template then I transfered it to the Lexan so I could cut it.

I leave mine on all the time so removeing it is not an issue.
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
1999 Ford E 350 Super Duty 15 Passenger Ext Van
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
drt-rdr wrote:
Are those bathroom mirror clips ? and what did you use to cut the rounded corners without breaking it ?

The clips, if I remember right are screen door clips. Bought them in Lowes or Home Depot can't remember which one. I have an extra pack at home, traveling for work, will post on the weekend the brand/package etc. I drilled the hole for the screw, started screw to cut threads, then took screw out. Then put in screw that where cut short so they would not go thru door and still have while paint on them. They came with the clips.

The curve, I cut the sheet square and to fit inside on table saw. Then held up the panel to the door and traced on the protective paper the exact curve for both left and right side.

Then used a saber saw with a real fine blade. I can control the feed best with this. Some use a router but for me it runs away from me to fast.

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

drt-rdr
Explorer
Explorer
Are those bathroom mirror clips ? and what did you use to cut the rounded corners without breaking it ?

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
cdgm wrote:
TURK2500 wrote:
I'm sure yours looks a lot like mine, and it's a great functional mod.

That is how mine looks. I can't quite tell by your picture but mine is on the top and bottom of the door.

Hi CDGM and Turk2500

The storm door... is a popular mod. I picked mine up from seeing Turk2500's and BarneyS's. How to attach to the door has been done several ways. See here for mine. This one was on my last TT and I now have to reproduce on my new one.

On word of recommendation. If at all possible, get polycarbonate sheet (Lexan). Home Depot has it. Yes it does cost more then Plexiglas but it is hundreds times more durable for cracking. I made my first one out of Plexiglas and it shattered on me making that final fit and poof :E then followed by :M

Mine is in 3 sections and I can remove/add any of the 3 to add more or less air.

Also here is my inside extra handle and outside extra knob. They greatly help opening and closing.

Happy Camping

John

Community Alumni
Not applicable
cdgm wrote:
snip.....I can't quite tell by your picture but mine is on the top and bottom of the door.

Mine also covers the full length of my screen door, but I did have the Plexiglas cut into three sections making it easier to handle and remove from the Velcro strips.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
After I completed my plexiglass door I found a clear slider at Camping World....It now makes the whole door clear.....I also found a Camco door opener that goes thru the slider so you do not have to open the inside door to open the outside door.....

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
TURK2500 wrote:

That is how mine looks. I can't quite tell by your picture but mine is on the top and bottom of the door.
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

Community Alumni
Not applicable
cdgm wrote:
snip......Sorry I do not have a picture at this point....snip

dusterpylet
Explorer
Explorer
My cool mod is a CSFA firemens hat sticker to the picture window on my fifth wheel, as a proud firefighter it makes me happy to see these decals on my travels.

mike
2006 Chevy K1500 4x4 Greystone, Vortec Max 6.0L 345HP 380LB 4.10 Gears
Torsion Bars tightened, Firestone Ride Rites. Runs Wonderfully.
First year of the VortecMax power pack, and the fastest of them all!!!

2003 Springdale 279RLL Fifth Wheel

Montana_Tracy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Montana. It is well below zero here today so I spend time going over all the mods on this thread and taking notes. Many great mods, thanks for the ideas and taking time to share them in such detail. I'm a new TT owner and eager to get started. Maybe I will have something to share in the future.

swebber
Explorer
Explorer
cdgm wrote:
I just remembered to post my idea and I am not sure if it was already posted so sorry if it was:

I have 2 doors on my TT and I like having a lot of sunlight in the TT so I cut plexie glass and put it over the screens on the screen doors.

Now I can run the AC or on colder trips I can have the doors open with out loosing heat or AC

Sorry I do not have a picture at this point, Think of it like a storm window.

Or would that be a "storm door" ?? :W:W
Steve Webber
2013 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins and all the bells and whistles
2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS "CramalotInn III",Reese DCHP, Atwood 3500, BAL Deluxe Chocks, Weber Baby Q & Q200, Champion 2000W Inverter & 4000W gennie's
My Camping Pic's

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
I just remembered to post my idea and I am not sure if it was already posted so sorry if it was:

I have 2 doors on my TT and I like having a lot of sunlight in the TT so I cut plexie glass and put it over the screens on the screen doors.

Now I can run the AC or on colder trips I can have the doors open with out loosing heat or AC

Sorry I do not have a picture at this point, Think of it like a storm window.
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears

NJ6PACK
Explorer
Explorer
Eveyone sofar has good ideas but I agree that I lost track on whats going on here.....:h

Bottom line is that a hot water tank drain is a "Cool Mod"........Next idea please

:C
2007 Max Lite ML28 RS
6.8L V10 / 3.73 Gears