cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a few of mine...

Les

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

gschein
Explorer
Explorer
We bought 2of those portable DVD players from Wally World that has two screens (4 total)and I mounted one on each of our 4 bunks. With parts, it was all under $275. Wish I had that growing up...
2007 Four Winds 29Q-GS (Formerly Springdale M195-FLL)

2003 4x2 XLT SuperCrew 5.4
Myself, the wife, Daphne (Yellow Lab), Jake (Rottweiller), Maggie (Beagle) and Alexandra (baby girl)

Sir_Buffalo
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with 2Rad4U - we have been making some minor mods with our TT and will continue to do so. We have the floor plan we like and can continue to enjoy for a long time. The more we enjoy it because we find things easy to be in arms length or just east to get to the more we enjoy it.

Some of our easy mods are
Hooks inside our cabinets for simple things like keys and small flashlights.
Hooks of different sizes but tastefully done (purchased from Home Depot) brushed brass with 3M tape. We use them to hang our swifter out of the way. Our dogs leash, and light jackets.
We have battery operated lights that you push once located in each storage area outside the trailer (3) and in some of our cabinets. I also have one mounted in the kitchen for easy light just in case the TT has not had the electric hooked up.
I know this sounds crazy but thinking about installing three televisions in our TT (only 27') one for my daughters bunk who likes to play games late at night or just when it rains...one in the dinette area in place of the storage cabinet for our 19" and one by our bed.
Sir Buffalo!
2006 Zinger by Crossroads 27BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
I worried about the same thing, but then I realized I could either make the TT nicer to use, or leave the walls blank for the next owner...

I used short screws and the tightened up nicely. Just got back from a 5 nighter and everyone enjoyed the additions, including me!

Edited to correct spelling...
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Roman11
Explorer
Explorer
2Rad4U wrote:
I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

2Rad- I've always been a little leery about nailing or screwing into the thin walls of my TT. How did you attach the soap dispenser and toothbrush holders. Did you screw them in or some sort of 3M tape?

Cool mods!

Thanks
A Family
A Boxer Dog
A Truck, a Trailer, a Hitch, a Brake Controller

jomarfl
Explorer
Explorer
Great mods, thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Fleetwood Fiesta
Tampa, FL

Rich96c4ce
Explorer
Explorer
MarionMedic wrote:
Where did you get your Am/FM stereo enclosure under the cabinet????

(never mind, got one off EBAY for $13 with shipping)

Bass Pro Shops has them in the marine department for a reasonable price.
Rich

MarionMedic
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get your Am/FM stereo enclosure under the cabinet????

(never mind, got one off EBAY for $13 with shipping)
1997 Chevy 3500 LWB Crew-Cab Dually 6.5 turbo-diesel
2005 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS

Visit FREEDOM OF THE ROAD.

livefreeusa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
This is one of my small mods, I hope this comes out first time doing picturesHERE IT looks crooked but it's just an optical illusion. I mounted this in the closet, and as you can see used a Inside antenna w/booster...no hole in the TT.:B

driveby
Explorer
Explorer
You gotta love cheap and easy fixes that add so much convenience when done. Trouble is, you always wonder why you didn't do it sooner ๐Ÿ˜‰
2008 Itasca Sunova 35J Class A
1997 TJ Sahara, hard and soft tops and AC
Held together via Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar and stopped by US Gear Unified Brake system.

vandave
Explorer
Explorer
Nice.
Vanda and Dave Ludwig (Vandave) Spoiled King Charles Spaniel, Ultra spoiled Cock-a-Poo

mgb74gt
Explorer
Explorer
We have always had problems finding a place for our shoes. I bought one of those three layer,18 pocket shoe caddys. Cut it into three strips of 6 pockets each and then mounted them below the matress on the bed frame box. Problem solved.
gig'em Aggies
Chuck and Jan
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2007 Denali (380hp 417 lb-ft) 6 spd
1974 MGB-GT
1975 MGB Roadster

02CAMP
Explorer
Explorer
Very slick. Mods are part of the fun.
2006 Ford F-250 6.0 PSD 3.73 LSD
2013 Winnebago Lite Five 30FWRES