cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance From Dealership When Considering a New Truck Camper

Brent_in_Louisv
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently saving up for a 1 ton dually and a larger sized TC, my first foray into the TC world. Three brands I am considering are Northern Lite, Arctic Fox and Lance. As I am looking around, Lance seems to be the only brand with dealerships near me in Louisville, KY, Arctic Fox and Northern Light seem to have all their dealerships on the Western half of the US. Would a brand's dealerships being a half day or more drive compared to a few hours for another brand steer you away from that longer distance brand knowing someday your TC will need service and you will need to take it there? Driving 2 hours for service would not be fun but certainly beats driving 12 or 18 or more hours.

Appreciate and thoughts you may have.
15 REPLIES 15

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Several things you need to consider.
-do you have an RV repair shop that can do warranty work for any brand?
- do you plan to use TC only in your area? Most of owners do repairs 2000 or more miles from home
-educate yourself when picking up new camper and don't hesitate to walk away if it does not meet your expectation. I know it is not easy decision, but once you accept inferior craftsmanship, you might never get it back on right track.
BTW TC don't require oil changes, so you don't have scheduled service on them.