cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump Station Etiquette???

akcorr
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up our first trailer next month and doing the rounds on youtube on how to empty you black tank. Question for you guys: Are you allowed to rinse the tank after emptying when you are at the station or is that frowned upon?
78 REPLIES 78

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
While the cabin is a great place for get togethers, it is not large trailer friendly. After 6 miles of gravel roads, a narrow road with trees for access. A 12' gate surrounded by trees, and trees in yard, not allowing turn around. There is a small city campground, with good access 15 miles away, that could be used to commute.

Here is a satellite view showing the fenced lot lines, and the small line is a 12' property entrance swinging gate.

Jerry

It does Ron.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

Jerry, was that an invitation? What a great looking piece of get away !

Just don't call on July 1-8, gets pretty busy, friends & relatives! 🙂

I think if I had that much lawn to maintain I would not call it a retreat

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks Jerry. It’s sets on 2.3 rural acres.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
MFL wrote:
Cummins12V98...That is a nice shop attached to your pad! Looks like a big yard, lots of space to enjoy! Kind of makes me wish I didn't live in the city! I do have a little space at our cabin, about 50 miles from home. It is on 2.5 lots.

It is nothing fancy, but a good get away, and lots of hunting opportunity near by. Upland, waterfowl, and deer.

Jerry

Looks like a great place for us to get together!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ford truck guy wrote:

Just don't call on July 1-8, gets pretty busy, friends & relatives! 🙂

MFL wrote:
Cummins12V98...That is a nice shop attached to your pad! Looks like a big yard, lots of space to enjoy! Kind of makes me wish I didn't live in the city! I do have a little space at our cabin, about 50 miles from home. It is on 2.5 lots.

It is nothing fancy, but a good get away, and lots of hunting opportunity near by. Upland, waterfowl, and deer.

Jerry

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

Ron,

That will teach you to ASSUME ANYTHING, as it will make a , well you know how it goes ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might be a serious RV person if . . . a well-designed home sewer clean-out station sounds like the ultimate in luxury. 😉
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ford truck guy wrote:
Don't blame Ron for being slow to reply ! :B

No blame...but...we all have to take responsibility for our short comings. :C

I also have concrete pad, next to driveway, with water and RV electric pedestal, no sewer.

Jerry

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The shop is 40' wide by 30' deep and built of wood. We use the pad for our RV in the Summers. Shop needs pressure washing!

So here is another pic. I "Assumed" I was off restriction???

I've got 50 amp and water at my pad in my driveway, having an addition put on the house later in the spring, during which I asked the contractor to get me a dump line is as well.

I will have to run my macerator hose about 30' over and up hill about 24" but that should not be a problem
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Don't blame Ron for being slow to reply ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7