cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dutchmen Aerolite Campers

cantfindusernam
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering the rear kitchen layout. I think the main thing I dislike is the carrying capacity is limited to about 1300#.

Who has these and how are they holding up? Any know issues?

Thank You.
2 REPLIES 2

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like mine ! Only thing that I do not like about many of the new ones is they have no back bumper . I welded a 2x3 steel frame a had it come out 14 inches and put a plywood deck on top . I haul all kinds of lightweight junk back there . My wife is to heavy , she is still in the cab of truck .

prm99v6
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 282DBHS that I picked up in August of 2013. During the PDI when running the water pump the entire system vibrated and made horrible noises. I found that the water pump was not bolted down so I did that (and added an expansion tank for good measure) and now everything is nice a quiet. I also had a small leak into the pass through storage because the silicone they used around the flange was missing in a small area. I again fixed this myself. The ignitor on the water heater had to be replaced (not Dutchmen/Aerolite's fault) and the seams were not sealed on the awning so it leaked. Again not Dutchmens fault. Finally the biggest issue I am having is with the ceiling. It has developed a bubble (akin to the headliner of a car sagging) and while it not the end of the world if it gets bigger it's going to be an issue. My dealer had a new one on the lot with a similar issue and he was going to check with Dutchmen on ideas for repairing (neither one of us was too keen on removing all of the interior cabinets to take replace the panel). All in all, I am happy with the unit. It is my first travel trailer and some things I can take care of myself. I looked at several other brands and saw issues when I was shopping. From all the forums I have been reading, all brands are going to have issues. Some people more than others. It is my understanding that Keystone is now running Dutchmen and that might lead to improvements. There is a Dutchmen owners forum (do a google search) although only a few of us have Aerolites. Good luck.