cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Folding stovetop cover

stickbowjoe
Explorer
Explorer
What is that for? Does it serve any useful purpose?

I speak of the Atwood stove/ovens. Perhaps others are similar, I don't know.

I have just replaced my 2004 Lance 1010 with a 2013 850, and am looking with a critical eye at how much stuff I carry.

So far, the privacy curtain and some of the over-thought fridge stuff have bit the dust.

On my list of things to do when moving resides "fold down stove cover".

I can't think of a single reason that sucker should be there.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Joe
2012 Ram 3500 diesel, dually
2013 Lance 850
Pretty good truck, pretty good camper.
Just Sally (German Shorthair) and me,
full timing, and shooting and catching
most of our meat.
22 REPLIES 22

stickbowjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Consider yourself residually referenced.

Joe
2013 Lance 850
most of our meat.

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
stickbowjoe wrote:
Clikrf8-

Thanks for that link. I have one on the way.

Joe

I am expecting a reference residual.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

kbaum
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one through amazon wife thought it was a great idea. Thanks for the heads up!!
2013 Northern Lite 10 cdse
2012 Dodge 3500 SRW 4x4 Cummins Crew Cab

Newmar Dutch Star 4018 (home)

stickbowjoe
Explorer
Explorer
I don't mind carrying five useful pounds, but hate carrying one useless one, especially if I have to jack with it, as I do that folding cover.

I read the first 30 reviews on the Amazon link, and ALL were positive.

Good enough.

A cutting board is useful to me. A folding steel cover which prevents my using my cast-iron skillet on the rear burners is not.

Oh, a headsup if you order: the board is $3 shy of qualifying for free shipping. Find something else to make it up. Free money.

I bought 3 of those springy rods for the fridge.

Joe
2013 Lance 850
most of our meat.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
The amazon link that Clikrf8 provided, when I looked, also showed some Camco folding metal ones mkirsch, actually following links around lots of options. Doesn't show though how/if secured for traveling? Nor the wood ones, the non slip backing is really enough to keep in place?
As we virtually have no counter space besides setting stuff on the stove top or a very small flip up table-would be nice. Nicer if it was attached somehow? something to ponder.

Curious though stickbowjoe as you mentioned "..and am looking with a critical eye at how much stuff I carry...", & end up replacing with the wood one, because it will serve another purpose?
I had to grin cause I don't know how many times I started out doing one thing-end up doing something else because it allowed the option, defeating the 1st go-round. Usually in my eye more practical or functional, but 'ats a slippery slope Joe :B
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

stickbowjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Clikrf8-

Thanks for that link. I have one on the way.

Joe
2013 Lance 850
most of our meat.

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
we found the proper size hard plastic cutting board at WalMart for around $9.00. Opague to conceal the burners,nylon to stand against the wall as a "splatter shield",lots more heat resistant than wood,and 3/8 inch thick for light weight.a small square of dollar store anti-skid keeps it in place.Sorry no pics,we are iced in today here in KY.
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I want to ADD a cover to my cooktop. I've only used the burners twice. Most of the time I'd rather have the counter space.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
When down it also helps the burner grates from jumping off while on the road. When up to some degree acts splash/heat sheild.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
As we don't cook in the TT. We always have a cover on the stove. It is great for more countertop space. And protects the stove top grate
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
clikrf8 wrote:
We have the wooden cover that stays put even off road that we use for a cutting board or to fix sandwiches on.

What do you mean by "the wooden cover"? Pics? Sounds interesting.

I bought THIS
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog

gjwarneke
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy a wood cutting board top at CW to sit on the stovetop in place of the metal cover.
We removed our cover and DH is making a nice cutting board top.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
clikrf8 wrote:
We have the wooden cover that stays put even off road that we use for a cutting board or to fix sandwiches on.

What do you mean by "the wooden cover"? Pics? Sounds interesting.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:
When we put in the replacement stove we did not get the cover. I did buy a wooden cover that fits over and can be used as extra counter space or a cutting board. I don't cut on it I want to keep it nice, LOL It also matches the cabinets.

Some people use the black covers for a counter but I think the original use was to cover the elements that could be still warm when you pack up. I found it awkward and reduced the size of the pan I could use.

Ditto. Ours didn't have one when we bought the camper new. We have the wooden cover that stays put even off road that we use for a cutting board or to fix sandwiches on.
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Photography Website
Photography Blog