cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electricity at National Park Campgrounds

Bobbyg2013
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of the campgrounds (not privately owned ones) in Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier, have electric hook-ups? If so, please post their names. Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16

webwrangler
Explorer
Explorer
webwrangler wrote:
There are none in Grand Teton.

I stand corrected.
2005 Rockwood 2104
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD
Equalizer
Prodigy

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi CloudDriver,

Fishing Bridge is inside Yellowstone. It does have electricity.

CloudDriver wrote:

No electric only sites inside Yellowstone NP, but
Bakers Hole Forest Service campground 3 miles north of West Yellowstone has 33 electric only sites
Rainbow Point Forest Service campground 10 miles north of West Yellowstone has 26 electric only sites
More info here.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

goat_rancher
Explorer
Explorer
Signal Mountain in Grand Tetons has electric in part of the campground. It has a fresh water source and dump station too.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Inside Grand Teton NP
Gros Ventre campground has 36 electric only sites
Colter Bay campground has 13 electric only sites
Signal Mountain campground has 24 electric only sites
More infohere.

No electric only sites inside Yellowstone NP, but
Bakers Hole Forest Service campground 3 miles north of West Yellowstone has 33 electric only sites
Rainbow Point Forest Service campground 10 miles north of West Yellowstone has 26 electric only sites
More info here.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Don't forget Headwaters (used to be called Flagg Ranch) between Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Colter Bay, Headwaters, and Fishing Bridge are all concessionaire operated, so you won't save any money versus the private parks in the area, if that is your goal.

yes, was going to mention this. I'm staying there in about a month. Kind of pricy ($70/night) but I like the location between parks. I believe the full name is Headwaters at Flagg Ranch (kind of a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim thing going on i guess haha)
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
Go to home depot, buy a 3 ft hunk of 4 x 4, next buy an electruical outlet and 3 ft of conduit. Then 3 ft of water pipe and a tap fitting and install them on each side. Next install a spike on the bottom of the 4 , drive it into the ground and hook up. Does it work? Nope, but you sure have a lot of people driving by asking when you plan to pull out.

That is funny!

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget Headwaters (used to be called Flagg Ranch) between Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Colter Bay, Headwaters, and Fishing Bridge are all concessionaire operated, so you won't save any money versus the private parks in the area, if that is your goal.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
webwrangler wrote:

Colter Bay (in Tetons) has power. I've stayed there and had hookups.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Go to home depot, buy a 3 ft hunk of 4 x 4, next buy an electruical outlet and 3 ft of conduit. Then 3 ft of water pipe and a tap fitting and install them on each side. Next install a spike on the bottom of the 4 , drive it into the ground and hook up. Does it work? Nope, but you sure have a lot of people driving by asking when you plan to pull out.

fairfaxjim
Explorer
Explorer
In Grand Teton, Colter Bay Campground has some loops that have been refurbished in the last couple of years that have electricity but not full hook ups. Colter Bay R/V campground (adjacent to Colter Bay Campground and near Colter Bay Visitor Center) is full hookup.
Jim & JoAnne
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fishing Bridge is not privately owned, but it is privately operated, by the park concessioner (Xanterra). Not sure whether the arrangement between GTNP and Colter Bay RV Park is similar, but I suspect so.

About 30-40 miles outside Yellowstone, in the Caribou-Targhee National Forest, there are a few CGs (Buffalo, Upper Coffee Pot and I believe one or two others) that have a few electric sites. Most of those are reservable.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Gros Ventre in the Grand Tetons NP has a few sites with electric.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

russkerri
Explorer
Explorer
We just stayed at the Grand Tetons in Colter Bay RV Park. Link Here

We had full hookups and could walk to one of the lakes. We enjoyed the campground. A bear wandered through one morning.

There's also a Colter Bay campground, so make sure you get the RV park if you do make reservations.

As mentioned above, in Yellowstone, there's Fishing Bridge. We stayed outside of Yellowstone but decided to drive through Fishing Bridge to check it out. The sites were not attractive, but the location is definitely very convenient.
Kerri
RVs with a Jayco 184BH named Birdy
Blogs at Travels with Birdy

webwrangler
Explorer
Explorer
2005 Rockwood 2104
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD
Equalizer
Prodigy