Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First TT

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,
My wife and I are in the process of selling our business and then hit the road.
We are looking at TT's for us and the dog. The most important as far as floorplan is, open floorplan with king bed and nice size bath. I think we have narrowed it down to these.
Keystone Cougar 24RBS, Cruiser MPG 2250RB, Cruiser Embrace R-23B.
Are there others in this size that have king beds? Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated
25 REPLIES 25

treyster
Explorer
Explorer
FYI - I was at the local Ford dealer poking around on their showroom this morning. Opened up door on F150 4 door 4WD and yellow door sticker said 1700 lb cargo capacity. Did same thing on loaded Excursion and yellow sticker said 1300 lb cargo capacity.

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
We cannot speak about Cougar, but we do have the Keystone Passport Elite 31RE and love it. We would definitely consider another Keystone product in the future.

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
We are not full timing but plan on month long or longer trips. I have read so much on suburban or trucks that I am of the opinion that you either like a truck or not. The suburban as a 130 inch wheelbase which is longer than some trucks. If it is the suspension that can be fixed with several different after market suspension options.
But right now I am asking about options as far as the trailers are concerned. I have read good and bad about quality of the Cougar. I have not read much on Cruisers. I am certain when it comes to the towing vehicle I will do the right thing. I want to know about quality of these trailers.
Thank you all for your input.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Will you be full timing or still living in your stick house and RVing on occasion? If the former Class A's or Fivers are preferred.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Another voice for the Tow vehicle being a truck. While your Burb or other SUV may handle the trailers your looking at very well. As a new full timer, chances are, the first trailer you purchase, will not really be suitable, and you will be looking at changing in a year or so, IF you were to have to purchase both the trailer and a tow vehicle, that's a much tougher hit, than just changing to a larger trailer or possibly a 5th wheel. Get a 3/4 ton truck to start to avoid the dilemma later.
happy motorin

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I think the tow vehicle should be your first purchase, and from the TTs you have listed, I think a truck is the way to go. As stevemorris said above, don't get carried away with the tow capacity of a big suv. You want to enjoy this TT and not be doing white knuckle driving. You should also consider wheelbase of suv vs truck.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

burgawpm
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at Suburbans, Yukons because the boss doesn't want a truck. I am still leaning toward a 1500 with tow package. This will wait until we decide on the trailer

arkie_guide
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of good questions - burgawpm. For the trailer you list, at least a 1/2 ton, big engine, with tow package.

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
ditto, what you have or plan to have for a tow vehicle should be your first consideration
there's a huge difference between an suv and a "real" truck
and don't believe that 3500 lb tow rating of suv's and minivans
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Those are nice rigs. BTW, what tow vehicle will you be using?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The 24RBS looks nicest to me but a little low on fresh water for two if you want to dry/boondock.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad