cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fixing vinyl floor rip

Heathernena
Explorer
Explorer
Greatly appreciate any recommendations on how to fix rip in my vinyl floor in my 2008 keystone outback 30QBHS LE. Floor is laid from one edge of camper to other edge where slide out is. Slide out sits on top of floor on 3 tracks. There is a rip under entire slide out all the out to cabinet in front of bedroom. I can get to half the rip but very tight as angles to edge under slide out. Last year a tire blew and riped half of the tire well off on side of slide. Could see right inside camper. Looking back should have caulked floor area where I could see and get to but was rather large and thought fixing tire well would seal it (as caulked all seams of metal and where it met camper as well as secured with screws). Started getting mice this past winter for first time since we have had camper (. 4 years). Caulked entire underside of camper with foam stuff as only thing I could find use due to temperature.

Looking for ideas on how to fix without sinking a lot of money into it ( got quote from independent guy for $2100 ( includes sealing off rip, overlaying board over ripe with sealing to edges, in hopes solve mice issue, and installing floating floor ( my request as there are some small ripes starting from floor vents which I havecaulked down with vinyl floor repair caulk)). The guy was very knowledgeable and I thought it was a great way to fix and solve issue. If I took to dealer pretty sure it would cost a lot more. We bought used and donโ€™t want to spend that much money for this repair as it would be approx 1/4 of what we got it for after pop up trade in.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3

Heathernena
Explorer
Explorer
For part of it. But about half is under slide out and canโ€™t reach. Trying to avoid over โ€œopeningโ€ slide or taking all apart. Thanks

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Would a threshold do you any good? They come in various sizes and materials.
Sometimes called a transition strip.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)