cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida RV Parks with a 24ft Hybrid

aljo17
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience camping in southern Florida with a hybrid. Particularly the Naples area for winter travel. We are looking for suggestions where to stay with it. Seems most RV parks are length sensitive.

Thanks for any advice we appreciate the help!
6 REPLIES 6

bisaacs
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking for something a bit different, you might want to try camping in the Everglades, South of Naples on route 41. I've never camped there but I'm familiar with the area. Chokoloskee Island RV park, near Everglades City, is one of the few with full hookups but it looks expensive. At others you'll get electricity but you'll have to dump.

These places are in the middle of nowhere. You won't find amusement parks, fancy restaurants, shopping, or traffic. What you will find are boardwalks to hike on (lots of easy stuff), alligators, eagles, mangrove swamps, guided nature walks, peace and quiet! This is the real Florida and everyone should visit it before they pave the whole state. There is a nice boat tour run by the National Parks in Everglades City. They used to have a nice visitor's center there but hurricane Irma blew it away and they now operate out of a trailer.

By the way, Everglades City is not a city. More like a strange semi deserted village.

If you decide to head there, be sure to exit I-75 at the Marco Island/Collier boulevard exit and fill up with gas. There's not much between there and Miami.

Enjoy your retirement! Bob

aljo17
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I hear ya! Lol but we usually camp in our area provincial parks etc. But retirement is the end of July 2020 and we thought we would travel through the southern/western states for 6 months to get a feel. Itโ€™s a one time deal for this Roo right now and first time for us.. we look at it as an adventure and a great way to see the country. Thank you for your advice.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
aljo17 wrote:
I might add itโ€™s a 24 ft Roo but expands out to about 28 ft
Looking for full hookups too.

Thank you for your response on state parks.

As a former Roo 23SS owner, I seriously doubt that you have any length worries, for any RV park anywhere in the country.
You'll be likely to have issues, at RV parks, with available sites(because of all the snowbirds), age-restrictions or that it has canvas bed ends.
I will tell you that a hybrid is not well-suited for what you're doing. That's why we sold our Roo, after we retired, and bought a regular TT for winter travel south.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

aljo17
Explorer
Explorer

aljo17
Explorer
Explorer

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have a shorty. I canโ€™t imagine it not fitting in anywhere.
Florida State Parks are reserved via Reserveamerica which lists the equipment length for every site.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.