cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folding Trailer Wash

gdeal
Explorer
Explorer
I had to take my pop-up in for service. They did a great job. But it was out in the open for a few weeks. Got it back very dirty. It's back in my garage now. Should I just leave it where it's at and go around and clean it with Simple Green? Of should I hook it back up and put it in my driveway and wash it like a car?
2015 Lexus RX350
2011 Forest River Flagstaff MAC 228D
5 REPLIES 5

TKConn
Explorer
Explorer
We wash our High Wall Pop Up after every camp out. due to the pollen dust, lime rock roads that are so dusty here in fla and reg road dirt.

We use RV Wash and Wax that we purchased from Walmart.
It works pretty good. and always wash in the driveway. after washing we towel dry it so we dont get any water marks from the sun . we also make sure the roof is dry.., then we cover it till our next camping trip..we love the cover cause without it we would be cleaning it ALOT more then we do now...

Good luck with whatever you decide to use. anything is better then nothing.

tc/kc

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
Most exteriors are textured. If not washed occasionally, the roof on mine will collect all kinds of dirt in the little valleys.

You just get a towel with lots of pile or thickness on it to work down into the bottom of that.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

gdeal
Explorer
Explorer
Two people have mentioned waxing but the exterior is not smooth.
It' like pebbled or something. Would that still be OK to wax?

2008 Jeep Rubicon UNlimited
2015 Lexus RX350

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
If we're talking only the hard sides, then you can go either way but washing like a car works well. For truly stubborn stains, I've had to use L.A.'s Totally Awesome slightly diluted or even full strength.

And waxing it is always a good thing.

If it's the canvas and vinyl parts that also need a wash, there are a number of products out there but the one I use is the Camco Full Timer's Choice Awning Wash from Walmart. It's fine for a general cleaning of the fabrics.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Simple Green is very strong and must be diluted per instructions. Take it out and wash it like a car using a car wash product such as Zipwax, Blue Coral, etc. A good coat of wax after washing would be a good idea to make keeping it clean easier.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."