cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First reload of the TC side the airbag repair

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Heck normally I wouldn't think twice when loading but....

Fist time reloading in the narrow side yard, first load on the reinstalled airbag mounts. I actually had to think about the process.

10psi was in the bags since the repair, truck is a 4x4 so lets keep the distance I need to raise the TC on the jacks to a minimum and not air up the bags until the truck is in place.

I do enjoy loading with out a spotter, kind of a fun mental game

almost backed all the way underneath, I have 2" of clearance from the bottom of the TC to the lip of the bed with 10psi in the bags, jacks can go another 4"

at 10 psi and no load in the bed

aired the bags up to 30 psi and lowered the TC into the bed
keeping a close eye and ear on the airbags

once I checked everything out it was time to bring the bags to 60psi
(towing pressure)

sitting nice and level

I think it took me all of 20 minutes due to the extra fussing. I think a weekend road trip to the Sierras next weekend is in store for me. you can bet the next few trips I am going to be giving the air bag system a detailed pre-trip go over

If it seems like the repaired mount side look more compressed, well it is, the pad slopes to that side by about an inch or more so it is taking more weight.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
2 REPLIES 2

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
It is seldom I unload my TC. When I do, I prefer not to be assisted unloading or loading. I pretty much use the same method as you did.

I too try to make a point of checking everything after loading. I typically stop and do a walk around about 2 miles after loading or hitching my Samurai. I am very pleased to say I have never had a problem.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm glad it worked for you.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member