cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Finder Trouble

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2014 Fun finder at the Harrisburg show last year. Went down to dealer 2 weeks after show to pick up and they couldn't get the slide to come in. 2 days later I got to go get it again. I have used the camper 3 times since and now we are having trouble with the same slide again. Has anyone else had trouble with the slides on there FunFinder? Last camping trip the furnace wouldn't work either. Thinking we didn't make a good choice..
19 REPLIES 19

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
bruce and tanya wrote:
that is great news. thank you very much

I will admit I am confused by this response. What is "great news" ?

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
....snip.....

our dealer service mgr. said if you have Schwintek problems at the beginning, you will likely always have Schwintek problems as they are difficult to correct.

If I encountered a service manager that said that, I would find a new shop to go to.
Back in my working days, if I would have said that to my boss, he would have looked me square in the eye and said, "don't bother me with your technical details and problems. I pay you to find solutions and do things right, not make excuses why you can't do it".

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
that is great news. thank you very much

Community Alumni
Not applicable
fatboy66 wrote:

Our TT manufacturer moved away from the Schwintek slide system for the 2015 model year because of problems. Further, our dealer service mgr. said if you have Schwintek problems at the beginning, you will likely always have Schwintek problems as they are difficult to correct.

Not the best news but that's my experience.

Who your TT manufacturer, what do you have as an rv?

... Eric

fatboy66
Explorer
Explorer
bruce and tanya wrote:
WOW!!! gmw photo. sounds like you got way to much free time. Just looking to see if this slide issue is noted for the funfinder or did I just get a fluke. Don't know a lot about these shwintek slide system, just trying to find out if this system is noted for problems..

Our TT manufacturer moved away from the Schwintek slide system for the 2015 model year because of problems. Further, our dealer service mgr. said if you have Schwintek problems at the beginning, you will likely always have Schwintek problems as they are difficult to correct.

Not the best news but that's my experience.

fatboy66
Explorer
Explorer
gmw photos wrote:
Hey, it's all good.
Me, too much free time ? Well not really....in fact just got back in from fixing a fence and mowing some more around the barn. Time for lunch, then back out for more work with the horses.

But.... I do enjoy looking at the forums while I'm here eating lunch or whatever, and if folks really do want to solve RV problems, I'm more than happy to share what little remains of my old feeble brain ! For sure, numerous others here have helped me out when I had a question I was working on.

Good for you!

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, it's all good.
Me, too much free time ? Well not really....in fact just got back in from fixing a fence and mowing some more around the barn. Time for lunch, then back out for more work with the horses.

But.... I do enjoy looking at the forums while I'm here eating lunch or whatever, and if folks really do want to solve RV problems, I'm more than happy to share what little remains of my old feeble brain ! For sure, numerous others here have helped me out when I had a question I was working on.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
bruce and tanya wrote:
WOW!!! gmw photo. sounds like you got way to much free time. snip...

Why put down someone who is, and has, spent considerable time trying to help you out? I don't get it! :R 😞
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually, just to set the record straight, gmw photo does not have too much free time -- he is just trying to be helpful, to share his expertise, to help "move the ball downfield" so that he and others can try to diagnose the situation. I don't know why so many forum members are willing to spend their time for free to help someone in trouble, but I am darn grateful that they are! I have benefitted tremendously from exactly that kind of response -- I post a problem, someone says "if you tell us xyz we can start to sort it out," and the dialogue progresses from there. In the old days before the internet, this kind of voluntary discussion group was almost impossible.

And I should add that I am on my second Fun Finder by Cruiser -- no major problems on either one. But no RV manufacturer is perfect.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

JA722
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Shadow Cruiser 280 QBS (also made by Cruiser RV), purchased new last summer. We have had no issues with our furnace or slide out.

Good luck!

Community Alumni
Not applicable
bruce and tanya wrote:
WOW!!! gmw photo. sounds like you got way to much free time. Just looking to see if this slide issue is noted for the funfinder or did I just get a fluke. Don't know a lot about these shwintek slide system, just trying to find out if this system is noted for problems..

Schwintek wall slide systems are used by many major rv manufacturers such as Thor, Winnebago etc ... They are not known to be problem prone as such.

... Eric

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I don't have a Fun Finder but I have an Enterra which is also manufactured by Cruiser RV and has the same slide mechanisms/hardware. It also has the same furnace.

We moved the slides out and in many times when we first bought it in April and since then every weekend over the past month; they have worked great. Also we've used our furnace in the morning for the last two weekends and it too worked fine.

One thing with rv furnaces, you really need to purge the propane lines if the propane has been turned off at the tank(s). I do this by lighting each burner of the stove after which the propane pressure to the furnace should be ok (assuming that was your problem).

Similarly the fridge may require 2-4 restarts the first tine it has run on propane. After it starts once it should be ok after they.

We are very happy with the workmanship of our Enterra.

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
bruce and tanya wrote:
yes this is the same Thread, still looking for answers

Good morning Bruce. I guess it's just not clear to me from your posts, what answers you are looking for ? One could likely say that it really does not matter if others have no problems with their slide, or furnace. Clearly your camper has these problem areas, that need to be addressed. The the answer in my mind is, "fix it".

These systems ( furnace and slide )are not terribly complex. Go through normal troubleshooting procedures, find the issue(s) address them, and then go camp.
Or, take it to the dealer, and let them do the troubleshoot/fix if you are not comfortable doing it. As I said in the other thread, in my view, a person is better served in this hobby, if they know how to fix these things themself.
If not, then that's fine too, even if you are camping, as there are mobile RV techs that will come visit many campgrounds to repair problems. It can get expensive though, as you can imagine, they charge a premium for their mobile services.

Good luck with it, and post back what the solutions to the problems are, if you would.

EDIT:
It would also be helpful in gaining answers if you specifically state what the issues are. "furnace won't work" is rather vague. Telling us what all you tried would be useful. Such as: propane tank was full, valve was open, I purged the line....and then all I heard was clicking". Or: "I heard no clicking at all". Etc.

And with the slide, comments like: "I had the trailer exactly level side to side, and front to rear. Slide only moved out ( or in ) a few inches". Or: "slide did not move at all". "Motors made noise, slide did not move". "Motors made no sound at all".

Etc. Being specific allows folks to offer specific potential answers.