cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator Question...which one?

Tikkamike
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought my first camper..or travel trailer.. not sure what the correct lingo is... Anyways its a 2000 22' Terry. It has A/C fridge microwave and all the stuff I think they all come with standard. I am trying to figure out 2 things. First.. What size generator do I need to run everything? and Secondly what generator do I buy? I am not going to spend thousands on a generator, I wont be spending much time in camp grounds this is mainly for hunting so itll be finding a flat spot out in the hills/mtns and setting up. I would like the generator to be as quiet as possible but im not willing to pay honda prices.. my main concern is a good and adequate generator.
32 REPLIES 32

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
You will need at minimum 3000/4000 watt generator, but the best way to accomplish this is with 2-2000 watt genny's that are connected together.

This will give you the option of using just one or both as needed, & makes it easy to move around. They are about 45# each.

In consideration of cost, I recommend Champion. They are a very good product, dependable, great customer service, & parts are easy to find.

Start your search HERE. They offer 2- 2000 watt each with parallel kit & two covers "refurbs" as low as $819, free shipping.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Tikkamike wrote:
...What size generator do I need to run everything...

Is it 30 amp service? If so you need a 3,600 watt generator to match the 30 amp.

Tikkamike wrote:
...Secondly what generator do I buy....

There are a huge number of threads on here discussing the merits of all the different generators.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
if you want to run the AC, and microwave you're looking at a big unit, if it's just for minor things, i picked up a ryobi 2200 for $600 from home depot, it does the job for most things, and is only alightly louder than the yamaha, very quiet for a budget machine, can also be linked together with another just like the name brands, look up some reviews on it, seems like a solid unit, reasonably quiet, at a decent price.