cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glacier Park - Fire

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are planning on heading to Glacier Park FYI. I know that I an staying home for a few more weeks, the smoke does me in.

Incident Update

Glacier facebook
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
4 REPLIES 4

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Fleeing the fire

This morning on the Weather Channel, they showed this video from yesterday. I think it's a new fire that started?? Not sure the road would have been open if it was the fire they were aware of?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
louiskathy wrote:

Well... keep an eye on the fires between Moses Lake and Walla Walla, WA They have had I-90 closed in both directions on and off (with detours) around Vantage, WA due to smoke and dust making visibility very low.

I don't know when you are planning on traveling but it is very dry so as soon as they start harvesting they will have fires from hot machinery in the fields.

We are on the WEST slope of the Cascades near Longview, WA and the forests and tall grasses are tinder dry right now. Just not a good thing.

Thanks for that! We had planned to drive out on US2 - now we're taking I-80 out; then heading north along the coast. Rocks and dirt don't tend to burn. We'll do the northerly route some other (more rainy) trip. Praying you folks get some rain!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
We're taking a more southerly route to visit our daughter in Portland, OR, due to all the fires along the northwest USA and western Canada. In 2006, we saw how the beauty of the Canadian Rockies was obscured by smoke from fires in WA, and that was over 400 miles away.

Well... keep an eye on the fires between Moses Lake and Walla Walla, WA They have had I-90 closed in both directions on and off (with detours) around Vantage, WA due to smoke and dust making visibility very low.

I don't know when you are planning on traveling but it is very dry so as soon as they start harvesting they will have fires from hot machinery in the fields.

We are on the WEST slope of the Cascades near Longview, WA and the forests and tall grasses are tinder dry right now. Just not a good thing.
Kathy

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
We're taking a more southerly route to visit our daughter in Portland, OR, due to all the fires along the northwest USA and western Canada. In 2006, we saw how the beauty of the Canadian Rockies was obscured by smoke from fires in WA, and that was over 400 miles away.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs