cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Happijac failed while driving down the interstate!

ChrisnKaty
Explorer
Explorer
We were just driving down the hwy and one our Happijac jacks fell out and was scraping the ground! We pulled over & tied it up, but are very concerned. They are less than two years old. We bought our camper used in May of 2013, it is a 2012 Eagle Cap 1160. I find it ridiculous that this important and vital part of our TC would fail already. This is our third trip using he camper, and previous owners barely used it. Should we replace jacks? repair? Does anyone know what kind of warranty HJ's carry? Thanks!
94 REPLIES 94

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
There is a version of Happijac that has a drop leg - basically a way of releasing the motor and brake, which allows the ball screw to unwind under its own weight. A lever engages the brake. What model number Happijac do you have?

On the normal one, there are two mechanisms that keep the jack up: the gear motor and an internal brake. Both would have to fail for the jack to unwind by itself. Either, if working properly, will prevent it.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

CAJW
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer! Pics and a description of the failure, after you figure out what went wrong would be nice for others to keep a lookout for. Good luck getting it fixed!
2013 AF 996, 2013 Chevy 3500 CC,LWB,4X4, Duramax, DRW, 3.73 rear, Torklift Stableloads & Tie-downs,Fast Guns, Ride Rite Air Bags, Superhitch w/ 32" extension.Big Wigs, Front Timbrens, TST TPMS-507,CubbyCam, Trimetric. TM & SC 2030 150W + 100W suitcase

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
ChrisnKaty wrote:
We were just driving down the hwy and one our Happijac jacks fell out and was scraping the ground!

That is scarry!

I would call the factory and discuss your problem with them. I have called them in the past and they seem to be very customer friendly and want to help.

Good Luck,
Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at their webpage, you'll see that they have a 1 yr warranty (LINK. On a previous page they talk about maintenance and what to do every day before using. As for whether to repair or replace.......that's totally up to you and what kind of damage it sustained.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess I don't understand why you would be asking this kind of question on a forum such as this. There are very few authorities on this media. Granted a lot of opinions but few authorities! You should be addressing you problem to those who made the product.