cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

help!!!!!Leak is ruining my RV

lindascrogg51
Explorer
Explorer
They put an awning on after I bought the TT ,2003 Starcraft,now it has wet walls and floor right about where they bolted the awning to the rv.Any idea on best product to stop before Its a loss!!!Should I undo WET carpet and fold back to check under flooring???:(Thanks!!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

4Powells
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely need to pull the awning mounting screws one by one and put plenty of sealer in the hole and around screw before re-installing. Then check surrounding area for any damage the screws might have caused. Get a fan and just let it run on the wet area and crack open a couple windows to let the damp air out.
DW, 2 DS's and Lily the Bishon Frisee
2006 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS

lindascrogg51
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much.Will be on the roof this week end!!!!!!:):):)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
get everything dry asap. then find that leak. if this is a newly installed unit ,take lots of pic,s and call the installer. they should pay the bill.

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
Did the bolt interfere with the roofing material at the gutter line? Perhaps water is accumulating in that area and finding its way up underneath the roofing material.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who is they and when did they install the awning? If it was in 2003 and you have not resealed your trailer, then God help you.
First you need to find out what is leaking. Best to have it seal tested to find the leaks. Then either start sealing or have the work done. Then you MUST dry the inside out completely. Then you can start accessing the damage and figure out how to repair it.