cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! Need info on 1969 18' Holiday Rambler

OldSoldier53
Explorer
Explorer
Help!! My wife and I are considering buying a 1969 18' Holiday Rambler. I desperately need to know the dry tow weight. It is in good shape. Has been used as a hunt camp for 30 years! New tires, but I would do the bearings and brakes, if it has brakes. Like I said, I know nothing about them and cannot find anything on the interwebs. Any clue would be helpful. We haven't seen it yet as it is about 2 hours away and we just found it. Going to see it soon. Please Help.

OldSoldier53
6 REPLIES 6

OldSoldier53
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit,

Thank you very much!! The NADA link you provided has given me more information than I have found after two days of web searching. Folks list every little piece of information you can think of when they list a trailer for sale, except the weight. Since weights change over the years, that is kind of important to me. I think the trailer is a no go for me. My current vehicle is top rated at 3500. Thanks again for providing so help I can really use.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
You say seller has it listed as 'Holiday Traveler'
and you say 18'.........

Holiday Rambler made a 'Traveler' model
Traveler 180G is a 20' travel trailer, 1 axle and as a dry weight of 3860#

Several other 'Traveler' models listed.......LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

OldSoldier53
Explorer
Explorer
westend

Thanks. I will check the brake situation for sure. A new axle or a retrofit might put the 'ready to roll' price too high. Thanks

OldSoldier53
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth

Thanks for the proofreading help. The Google advise was no help. After surfing until my eyes and mouse are tired, I have found next to nothing. Except that it is a Holiday Rambler and NOT a Holiday Traveler as the seller listed. Thanks again for the proofreading. Do you know what the tow weight of the trailer might be?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Probably about 3K lbs. If you're going to be doing some traveling with it, you'll want brakes, inspect to see they are there. If not, you can buy either a whole new axle with brakes or may be able to retrofit brakes onto it.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to edit your thread title..1869???? Then google 1969 Holiday Traveler and read till you get tired. Lots of posts about them.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."