cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
stugpanzer wrote:
We were at Rend Lake this summer in June....that was a mistake...very hot and humid! I would like to visit again in the spring or fall. Nice photos!

You never know. I've been completely miserable there, and then I've had wonderful breezes off the water. If you get a waterfront site, it's rare if you don't have constant breezes. The trick is "waterfront". lol. I hope to reserve some for this summer. About anywhere in our area is miserable with high humidity in July and August, but this June was bad.

We were at Carlyle Lake, Carlyle, IL, in June. We were so miserable we had to sit in the pool, which they keep at a very cool temp.
Lots of shade, though ๐Ÿ™‚
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
We were at Rend Lake this summer in June....that was a mistake...very hot and humid! I would like to visit again in the spring or fall. Nice photos!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Veteran's Day, Rend Lake, IL

Only other neighbor on our loop. Several waterfront sites empty. We'd never get these in the summer.

The Good Lord blessing us with a gorgeous sunset.

Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

TURK2500
Explorer
Explorer
RubenZ wrote:
My Wife and daughter at Garner State Park campsite 39......snip

Nice TV/TT combination...., even a TV with room to grow ๐Ÿ™‚

Turk2500
2016 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L
2018 Jayco 24RBS

RubenZ
Explorer
Explorer
My Wife and daughter at Garner State Park campsite 39

RDZ_0049resized by Ruben Zamora, on Flickr

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

Folks, I will again remind all members, new and old alike, that maximum picture size here on the forum is 640X480 pixels MAX...

If you don't know how to resize your photo, simply insert the text "width=640" preceded by a space immediately after the .jpg extension in your picture syntax... It is NOT necessary to insert a height statement - the forum software will automatically resize your photo to the proper ratio by inserting the width statement... An example of the proper syntax is shown below - please note the width statement after the 'jpg extension...

Help me out here folks please - - - I'm spending way too much time editing photos to the proper size ๐Ÿ˜ž ...

Thanks

Moderator - TT Forum

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

TURK2500
Explorer
Explorer
milzat wrote:
Bbasso wrote:
please stay on topic, I like looking at pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

Here u go!

Well done!

:B
2016 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0L
2018 Jayco 24RBS

nrps
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this will help....

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Crew Cab 4X4 Laramie Dually
2010 Dodge Ram Big Horn 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI 1500 4X4 SLT Crew Cab
2010 Heartland North Country 26 SRL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8733718@N03/

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Bbasso wrote:

Here u go!
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Bbasso wrote:

Read all that tire stuff and wondered what the topic really was!
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Bbasso
Explorer
Explorer

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Thought blowouts with decent tires were a thing of the past. We lost pressure, no blowout, in four tires on three vehicles this summer. The oldest tire was an '08. Only one had a screw in it. I hear now that many tires that once were USA made are now manufactured in China. Don't know if it's true, but I'm going to find out. Used to live in Des Moines many years ago. If I recall right they had a Firestone and a Goodyear plant. Have to see if they're still there.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
milzat wrote:
rowekmr wrote:
I thought blow outs were very uncommon. I was planning on addressing my axles and brakes this winter season so now I will really check the tires also.

I thought it was uncommon also.
This is our third trailer and the first time experiencing tire trouble. We bought our present trailer used. It is a '06 model and had been sitting for almost that long. The tires didn't have 1K miles on them. The tread was great and they all looked like new. Don't know how true this is, but I've heard tires setting up for any length of time was bad for them, especially Radials. ๐Ÿ˜ž

You've just confirmed all the expert advice that for RV tires, age and condition does not determine their longevity. Maybe I didn't say that right, but what I mean is that, as you said, anything sitting that long, no matter how good the tread is, should be replaced. On our last TT purchased new in 2006, tires started to show crazes in the sidewall in late 2008, so at our dealer's advice (no, we didn't buy the tires from them), we replaced them before our first trip the following spring. The tire tread was excellent, no abnormal wear patterns, just the hairline cracks. Never had a problem. Key is to find that manufacturer code on the sidewall, if you can. The ones we replaced didn't have them and any and all contacts to the RV manufacturer went unanswered. Bottom line is that we sucked up the expense for the sake of being safe and we were. Better to be safe than sorry and isn't there another cliche . . . an ounce of prevention . . . Anyway, glad that no one was hurt, well, maybe just the pocket book.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
rowekmr wrote:
I thought blow outs were very uncommon. I was planning on addressing my axles and brakes this winter season so now I will really check the tires also.

I thought it was uncommon also.
This is our third trailer and the first time experiencing tire trouble. We bought our present trailer used. It is a '06 model and had been sitting for almost that long. The tires didn't have 1K miles on them. The tread was great and they all looked like new. Don't know how true this is, but I've heard tires setting up for any length of time was bad for them, especially Radials. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

rowekmr
Explorer
Explorer
10 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
07 Lincoln Navigator
00 Newmar Dutch Star 3851