cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honeywell 2000i

keeperofthecode
Explorer
Explorer
So my uncle gave me a honeywell 2000i generator for free ninety free. It wasn't cranking and he didn't need it anyways. So I found a bad connection was keeping it from cranking. Runs great now other than the primer bulb broke so I bypassed it for now, can't seem to find a replacement. This seems to be a honda knockoff from what I can tell. If I want to get a second generator and parallel cable so I can run AC does it have to be matched or could it be any other similar 2000 generator?
4 REPLIES 4

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Generators have to be designed to be paralleled. This locks their phase and frequency together. Unless your Honeywell was designed to be paralleled you can't do it.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
the bulb it self is just under a metal cover. take the old bulb in with you and see if you can get one that fits through the cover and the base is the same size.

keeperofthecode
Explorer
Explorer
I finally found one for $38 so I agree I'll check out Ace or TSC to see what they have. Last one I bought at TSC was less than $10, just thought I would at least try for an exact replacement.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
not saying all primer bulbs are alike but you may be able to find a replacement at Ace hardware. That's where I get mine for my small engines.