cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hot water heater

bollie
Explorer
Explorer
For the first time since owning my starcraft 21 sb i noticed a 120v wire running to the water heater. I have always used propane. I checked there is power on this wire. I seems that it got a electric element. I bought this trailer new and with the walk through electric hot water was not mentioned. I can also not find a switch to turn it on or off. Can someone please help me with this
6 REPLIES 6

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
The Suburban water heater's manual would've shown the switch and how to use it.
Should be in the owners manual paperwork.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bollie
Explorer
Explorer
O my word , i went out and found it. I have seen this switch before buy because it had a safety pin through it i thought it is something not to mess with. Have this trailer since 07 and never used it. Never to old to learn. Thank u.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Outside

bollie
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom left is that on the outside behind the panel or inside on the body of the heater.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you have water in the heater before flipping that switch. Just like an electric water heater in your home, if the electric heating element is not under water, it only takes a second to burn the element up and it won't work.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom left of the water heater hidden behind a tube.