cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you monitor trailer battery voltage?

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer
Im just wondering if anyone put a voltmeter gauge on the trailer somewhere to keep track of battery voltage?? I had the battery run out from putting the slide out 3 times other day, so I plugged it in to charge it up maybe it wasn't fully charged when I purchased it?? I just don't want to ever forget about it and run out because my jack is battery powered..

Thanks
Shawn
35 REPLIES 35

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a DC and a AC meter. I picked up ones with blue digital readouts on Ebay for around $5 including the shipping 2 yrs ago. I mounted them in a kitchen cabinet panel just inside the entry door. There at eye level from outside the 5er and the blue light makes a nice night light for the steps into the bath/bedroom.
I wired in a on/off rocker switch. I leave them on most of the time. The 5er's been plugged in here at home for 2 months and they've been on the whole time.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
This is the unit that we have installed.

Universal 12v Digital VoltMeter
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
My monitor panel includes a battery condition/level meter. I think it probably is 13.5vdc for top mark, 13 or 12.8 for 3/4, 12.5 or so for 1/2 and the bottom is 12 to 12.4, after that it probably doesn't register.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I use the older version of this brand:

http://www.voltminder.com/

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
Some permanently install a digital meter in wall inside their TT. That's what I eventually want to do, as well as a digital 120v meter to monitor CG voltage.