cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How does one charge a dual battery vehicle?

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
What is the proper method of charging the batteries in a vehicle with dual batteries? Specifically my 2015 Ford SuperDuty Diesel.
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.
17 REPLIES 17

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
If you wish to be totally picky, connect the positive clamp on one battery and the negative clamp on the other battery.

The second cable connected(the negative) should be connected to a bolt on the engine away from the battery(ies) that might be gassing, and cause a battery explosion. Also that is the first cable you disconnect. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you wish to be totally picky, connect the positive clamp on one battery and the negative clamp on the other battery.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hooking up one will take care of both. If you truly want to charge each separately you'd have to disconnect the correct wire. Of course, I'm assuming that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman