cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to fix

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
So we brought our new tt home a couple of weeks ago and I just noticed this this morning..How would i fix this or should.I take it 15 min drive back to dealer for warranty
20 REPLIES 20

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I have a feeling there's a bigger problem under all that goop.

Looks like something they slapped on there while on the lot to cover up something else.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
It`s just caulk. cut that strip off to where it is still adhered to the trim and get some black Dicor sealant, clean up the area and reapply. you`ll know it will be done properly.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
That's a new tt? That is the sloppiest caulking job I have ever seen. Looks terrible. There should also be a rubber cover strip in the track to cover the screws, just like the vertical side piece has. Definitely take it back to the dealer.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Take it to the dealer. But, do a close inspection of the TT before you take it back. Maybe you missed something else that needs repaired.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
If it was mine I believe the dealer should get their chance to repair this under warranty. If there is a leak later on the warranty could be voided, (this happened to my Cousin and he had to do the repairs himself.)
They should have repaired it prior to you getting the unit.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

jandjbaums
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back to the dealer. That didnt happen in a couple of weeks. It left the dealer like that.
  • 07 Toyota Tacoma double cab
  • 2011 Stellar 18cb TH