cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing new tail lights

Cajunguy71
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings, all. I'm new to the group and in need of a little assistance. I have a 1985 Terry Taurus and decided, since the original lens cap was broken, to switch to LED lights. I bought the lights and noticed they had three wires, brown, green, and white. The trailer however has has brown, 2 greens and two Whites. I tried I connected the wires, according to colors, and it acts sporadic at best. It was at one time only working when lights on the tow vehicle were on. Then once the brakes were pushed, goes out completely, and now does nothing at all. I checked the fuse and the grounding point on the frame. All seems well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Doug
16 REPLIES 16

Cajunguy71
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to mention this is a right side light. Haven't messed with the left yet. Do you think the second white ground wire should go to the skin, and both greens from trailer to the one green on the light? Sorry, this is kicking my behind. By the way, I'm also USAF retired.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Second green and second white goes to the other tail light.
Sounds like a ground issue.
Rig has metal skin which in many cases was used as ground path. The connection to the TV was made near the tongue of the trailer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker