cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interior wall holes?

monicarick01
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a used TC from a person that loved to have things attached to the walls. I do not, so now I have many screw size holes in the interior walls. Has anyone fixed these holes. I hope I do not have to replace all the wall paper.

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

therink
Explorer
Explorer
I have successfully filled the hole first by pushing the wall paper covering in with the handle end of a screwdriver as indicated above. I then take a dab of latex caulk (white, antique white, or almond depending on Wall color) and then smooth over with finger. This usually hides the holes fairly well.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of the holes can be fixed by rubbing the handle end of a plastic screwdriver over the hole. If you look close, most if not all of the holes are pulled out, like a volcano. the plastic handle will allow you to push them back in, and cover the hole. It will also make the paneling smooth, even if you use a putty stick.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Go to hardware store or lumber yard where they sell paneling, You should find puddy filler sticks in different colors, blond, browns, white, etc that is used to fill in over nails and staples. Sort of like a wax crayon. Been around for decades.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile