cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is such a low cargo carrying capacity possible?

OttawaDon
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. We have found a trailer floorplan that we very much like in the Evergreen i-Go 245 RKDS. I found a 2015 model at a dealer about 2 hours away and they seem very motivated to give me a good price as the 2016s are coming in.

I haven't yet seen the trailer in person to check the listed spec sticker, but the Evergreen site lists this model as having a cargo carrying capacity of only 488 pounds. This seems like a mistake to me but I wanted to check with you folks to see if this is indeed possible. If true, what could cause it to have such a low ccc. The specs are listed below, with such a difference in the dry weight vs the GCWR, does this seem right?

Total Dry Weight* (UVW): 5,052
Dry Hitch Weight* (LBS): 656
GVWR* (LBS) 6,495
Fresh Water Capacity (GAL): 36
Gray Water Tank Capacity (GAL): 58
Black Water Tank Capacity (GAL): 29
LP Capacity (LBS): 40
Cargo Carrying Capacity* (LBS) 488
Overall Length: 27' 3"
Height (including A/C): 11' 1"
Width: 8' 1"
Bed Size: 60x80
Awning Length: 18'
Tire Size: ST205/75R14-C
23 REPLIES 23

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Check the yellow sticker on the specific trailer as it will have its actual delivered weight with all options included. Subtract that number from the GVWR to get the real ccc. Numbers can vary greatly from brochure weights.

Just curious about what dealer you are looking at. We had a good experience with one in Ottawa. My father, the complete opposite at another. Four years of battling with them over all sorts of problems and shoddy work. Finally settled with a lawsuit.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Something else doesn't make sense to me...

Fresh Water Capacity (GAL): 36
Gray Water Tank Capacity (GAL): 58

That is weird.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
looks like common core math
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I believe darsben is correct. You can eat up 1400 lbs pretty quickly. I would deffinately question how they arrived at the cargo capacity.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Have the seller email you a photo of the actual sticker.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Our last TT had lots and lots of storage space and a CCC of 888, which was abysmally low for long trips; I have no doubt we overloaded it from time to time, as we did take trips in it that lasted 5 weeks or more. If you're not planning on long trips, or living in the trailer, and if you are very careful how much you load into it, you can make it work. But if you are leery of that low a capacity, you may want to move on and consider another unit.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
subtract the dry weight from the GVWR
That gives you a total of 1443 lbs of stuff.
Some of that stuff will be water at about 8 lbs a gallon equals abut 290 lbs. 40 lbs of propane, maybe grey or black water, a spare tire and even the leveling jacks if an option etc you have the remainder for your stuff.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does dry weight include the propane? It's only a concern depending on how you plan to travel. Full water? Then you need to account for 300 lbs of water. Plan to haul around your gray water? Another 500 lbs. Haul a full tank of poo? Another 250 lbs. unless you plan on boon docking and hauling full tanks then should not be a problem.

Staying at campground with full hookups or even a dump station you should be able to make this work.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

copeland343
Explorer
Explorer
When you add Water, LP, A/C, spare tire and other options then Yes it could be that low.