cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this a good deal?

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to trade up to a 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RL from our current TT 2011 Shadow Crusier 195WBS. Would $10,000 and my older TT be a good deal?

The 23RL MSRP is $28,275.
8 REPLIES 8

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother wrote:
You have to decide. As I get older I'm more willing to pay the "Aggravation Fee" in life. We bought a new TT in 2017, did the best we could, and never looked back. Be happy.

X2.

We bought new 9 months ago because the prices people were asking for 2 year old used TT's in North Carolina were basically as much as new ones probably because they were upside down on loans. We have been 100 percent happy with the decision plus we got the exact floor plan we wanted.

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have to decide. As I get older I'm more willing to pay the "Aggravation Fee" in life. We bought a new TT in 2017, did the best we could, and never looked back. Be happy.

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Most awesome deal I have ever heard of!
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
If your buying from Buffalo RV good luck getting a decent trade in. We walked away last fall they offered us half of what Colton gave us.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 you make the deal on the out the door figure,or they,ll hit you for every buck they can.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
NADA does give you the High and Low retail price for used units but so much depends on the condition of your TT, they can be misleading.

I like to remind my DW that all the mods we make to our TT means we are going to keep it a long time.

You can rest assured that no matter that you pay for the new TT, someone paid more and someone paid less.

Just be sure you know the price out the door; that include taxes, fees, prep charges and such.

Good Luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds pretty reasonable to me... If you figure 1/3 off of MSRP, it's about $18K, subtract the cash they want, and they're giving you $8K for your old TT, which is roughly low retail for that unit.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of tough to answer that without knowing the unit.
NADA does cover travel trailers for used values, but they are very subjective, options, material condition ets all affect the value. That shadow cruiser shows a low retail # of $8050 and average retail of $9700 if thats any help to you.