cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just took the TT in for a Slide Topper install

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been wanting one since we got the trailer last summer. Decided to do it before we left on our big trip.

While it was in the shop, decided to upgrade the piddly Ventline exhaust fan that's in the bathroom, with a Fantastic Fan & Ultra Breeze Vent Cover. since we have a small 22' TT, that one fan will be enough to move all the air we need.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch
6 REPLIES 6

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
See how it drains the water. This setup slides in lengthwise so you coins do a few 2' sections if needed. 6' will probably drain alright though
Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
My slide is only 6' wide and only 24" deep.

Rthomas61 wrote:
Atlee,

Something I recommend from experience (1 whole year) and a suggestion from a friend of mine. I'm a seasonal and have a super-slide at about 14'. I built a PVC frame that slides under the topper. Essentially, it's in 4 sections of PVC, 1/2" thick. The very middle "stand" is actually 1" higher than the outside 2 and all 3 have a "T" fitting on the bottom to give a sort of foot that sits on the slide. Then they have a "T" at the top where the long lengths connect. On the ends, there are elbows to prevent tearing of the topper. They don't have a stand as they "float" and empty the rain accumulation.

It sounds a bit more difficult than it really is. I didn't glue anything so I can break it down quickly when needed. Works fantastic and we've had some monsoons on Cape Cod. Quite a few people around me are using mine as a guide to build their own.

Here's a bit of a sketch to go by. Hope it helps. Bit difficult to explain. Others use noodles, tubes etc. but this setup really works fantastic and you can still hose the underside down if need be without any interference.

Good luck. You'll notice a world of difference.

Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
A good investment on both mods.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
Rthomas61 wrote:
Atlee,

Something I recommend from experience (1 whole year) and a suggestion from a friend of mine. I'm a seasonal and have a super-slide at about 14'. I built a PVC frame that slides under the topper. Essentially, it's in 4 sections of PVC, 1/2" thick. The very middle "stand" is actually 1" higher than the outside 2 and all 3 have a "T" fitting on the bottom to give a sort of foot that sits on the slide. Then they have a "T" at the top where the long lengths connect. On the ends, there are elbows to prevent tearing of the topper. They don't have a stand as they "float" and empty the rain accumulation.

It sounds a bit more difficult than it really is. I didn't glue anything so I can break it down quickly when needed. Works fantastic and we've had some monsoons on Cape Cod. Quite a few people around me are using mine as a guide to build their own.

Here's a bit of a sketch to go by. Hope it helps. Bit difficult to explain. Others use noodles, tubes etc. but this setup really works fantastic and you can still hose the underside down if need be without any interference.

I did the same thing with PVC piping. My slide out is 12 feet in length and my slide-out goes 42 inches out. First time camping had to close the slide-out to drain pool of water on top.What a pain that was!I made mine and glued together. I made 2 of them 6 feet long and leave them on my bed while traveling.I have them set at a 3 tier angle set at height of my slide-out. They are about 2 feet wide and now when it rains water runs right off topper.When I set up camper at site I just slide them in using my folding ladder. Wouldn't be without them!

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you ever tear an awning, you can get replacement tops from tough awning tops.com half the price of OEM material and better to boot. one more thing, if you run the fan while flushing you will draw the air from inside the black tank and you may not live to regret it. always shut off the fan before flushing.

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee,

Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper