Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Springdale - Very Low Drain Pipes

jetski559
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

We just got a 2022 242RK Keystone Springdale travel trailer.
This has the Arctic Package.

I noticed the black and grey tank drain pipe outlet is VERY low to the ground. I haven't taken a tape measure, but it seems like it is like 6 inches or 8 inches... Way lower than our last trailer. It worries me to the point that a rock or something at the campsite is going to crack it if we run it over.

Maybe this is normal for the arctic package because the whole bottom is covered in insulating sheets so they had to stick the drain pipes out further?

See picture attached/below.
18 REPLIES 18

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to know exactly what to do without actually seeing it.........

I assume that the galley grey pipe is the one shown in your picture.......If you can disconnect it from where it dumps into the bathroom 3" and then run it across the back or your TT to an increaser to 3" with a 3" dump valve, that might solve your problem. You could then raise the run from the bathroom to a reasonable height. You would have two discharge pipes to deal with which you could connect with a double wye before it gets to the park sewer connection.

For the front, it looks like maybe a 3X11ยผ degree slip x slip elbow might work for you, and might save messing with the bathroom grey pipe.

Just some ideas. Hopefully you will figure it out.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

jetski559
Explorer
Explorer
Wade44 wrote:
Another great example of the top notch engineering / design in the RV Industry. No advance planning. It looks like they had to do that for slope on the 1-1/2 drain, probably because you have a rear kitchen floorplan. Do you have a another gray drain behind the slide for the kitchen sink?

It has nothing to do with the Artic package. With Keystone and most others it's nothing more than a piece of shoddily installed reflective barrier, a half assed run of flex duct from the furnace into the dead space above the under liner, a little extra fiberglass stuffed in some places at lightspeed by some Amish piece worker, maybe some heat pads on the tanks, and a shiny decal. It doesn't do much at all.

There is a second grey drain for the kitchen towards the back of the trailer. Yes, it is a rear kitchen.

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
Another great example of the top notch engineering / design in the RV Industry. No advance planning. It looks like they had to do that for slope on the 1-1/2 drain, probably because you have a rear kitchen floorplan. Do you have a another gray drain behind the slide for the kitchen sink?

It has nothing to do with the Artic package. With Keystone and most others it's nothing more than a piece of shoddily installed reflective barrier, a half assed run of flex duct from the furnace into the dead space above the under liner, a little extra fiberglass stuffed in some places at lightspeed by some Amish piece worker, maybe some heat pads on the tanks, and a shiny decal. It doesn't do much at all.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you cut and replumb with downward slope? My 2015 Winnie is also lower than Iโ€™d like.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad