cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KZ Spree exterior bottom

charles1767
Explorer
Explorer
What is the material on the bottom of our new Spree 328ik travel trailer? It is along the outer edge over the fender wells down both sides! It looks like a nylon plastic sheet and feels like the floor insulation behind it. Has anyone had trouble with it ripping from road debris? I had what looked like a large piece of a rusty nail sticking out of it right above front passenger side tire! Yours Truly Concerned Camper
5 REPLIES 5

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
charles1767 wrote:
What is the material on the bottom of our new Spree 328ik travel trailer?

Most likely Coroplast, just as it was on our previous 2008 KZ Spree.

This is what is on my 09 Spree. Thousands of miles and no problems. It had to be cut once for a dump valve repair and resealed the flap with zip ties to hold in place then Gorilla tape on the cuts. Still holding strong.

I cut an access hole in my bottom to allow me to lube the grey and black cables ... I put it back together with gorilla tape and have not had an issue ... The stuff is great
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

abby323
Explorer
Explorer
Try Grollia tape, sticks twice as much better than duct tape and dosen't deteriorate like duct tape, and even comes in colors. Same comp. that makes the glue and that's some of the best made.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or do you mean what most call Darco, which is the thin woven material that looks kinda like a tarp? There is a tape for it available from RV parts vendors. I have a small roll of it for repairs while on a road trip.

Yes, it can get damaged sometimes, and definitely if you have a tire blowout. Some have upgraded it with sheet aluminum or similar.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
charles1767 wrote:
What is the material on the bottom of our new Spree 328ik travel trailer?

Most likely Coroplast, just as it was on our previous 2008 KZ Spree.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380